• The KillerFrogs

FrogsToday: Eddie Lampkin steps away from TCU basketball

LisaLT

You sound like you've made up your mind about the situation already. Care to share your inside knowledge??

We don't know anything about the situation. And yes, it is jarring - but what if he's right? What if something along these lines IS going on - whether it's a misunderstanding or a massive secret? You gonna feel that way about him still? It's too early to pass judgment.

I'll say it again, people of his age have grown up in an era of public figures denying even provable truths because spin wins nowadays, it seems. Frankly, someone his age and in his position (player for institution, not part of leadership of institution) might have a completely legitimate concern about the spin machine making him look in the wrong even if he is not. So he puts things out there that show there is more than one side to the story.
But there was nothing "out there" until HE posted it. This is on Lampkin creating the "Spin" not the reverse.

Brevity Frog

Lampkin is hurting himself here. You can’t air stuff like that and expect to land somewhere nice, whether a new college via transfer portal or a pro team. Gotta keep that stuff off the public social media boards, Eddie. Also you gotta fulfill your commitment, play for your team, and then move on. Come on man.

82 Frog Fever

You sound like you've made up your mind about the situation already. Care to share your inside knowledge??

We don't know anything about the situation. And yes, it is jarring - but what if he's right? What if something along these lines IS going on - whether it's a misunderstanding or a massive secret? You gonna feel that way about him still? It's too early to pass judgment.

I'll say it again, people of his age have grown up in an era of public figures denying even provable truths because spin wins nowadays, it seems. Frankly, someone his age and in his position (player for institution, not part of leadership of institution) might have a completely legitimate concern about the spin machine making him look in the wrong even if he is not. So he puts things out there that show there is more than one side to the story.
Definitely, it should be an easy decision.
No matter what happened, his public postings and accusations are a point of no return.
You cannot have a selfish immature player in your locker room, who is more than willing to stab the entire team in the back just so he can have some sort of emotional release.
Every player and coach has been working their asses off toward preparing for the next few weeks and Eddie just spit in their face.

UltimateFrog

Well if that's his attempt at showing his side of the story, he's failed miserably. Makes him seem like a total dumbass.

Putt4Purple

What terrible timing. From the sounds of it Lampkin will be back after the Big 12 tournament? Family issues and he possibly feels slighted by our coach? Why air this dirty laundry now to only give bad vibes and feelings towards your coach and program? I was just beginning to feel positive about this program. Now I can understand the Dr. Jekle/Mr. Hyde play on the court this year. Would not be surprised if K. State blows TCU out by at least 20 on Thursday. It’s sport’s psychologically.
How sad. Go Frogs!

ftwfrog

What terrible timing. From the sounds of it Lampkin will be back after the Big 12 tournament? Family issues and he possibly feels slighted by our coach? Why air this dirty laundry now to only give bad vibes and feelings towards your coach and program? I was just beginning to feel positive about this program. Now I can understand the Dr. Jekle/Mr. Hyde play on the court this year. Would not be surprised if K. State blows TCU out by at least 20 on Thursday. It’s sport’s psychologically.
How sad. Go Frogs!
I don’t think that’s correct.