• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v A-PB Golden Lions

LVH

My biggest concern coming into the year was if our guys could handle success. Its easier to handle failure than success. Last year was considered a success by TCU basketball standards, so I was hoping complacency didn't set in. Tonight was not a good sign at all.

Early season upsets happen, I remember UNC losing to Santa Clara in game 1 the year they won the title in 2005, and Michigan State lost to Wright State the year they won it all in 2000, but Santa Clara was an 11 point dog and Wright State a 13 point dog. Not 35.

Time for our players to get off social media and get to work or they will have wasted all the good will and momentum they built up last year. Those massive student sections we saw last year won't turn out if the team underachieves

LVH

3 possibilities here:

1) This team is terrible
2) UAPB is one of the best teams in the country
3) It's the first game of the year and it doesn't mean much of anything at all
As much as I want to say 3, this is the type of opponent you dominate even if you play your worst game. 3rd worst team in Kenpom. 2nd to last place in the worst D1 conference last year. UAPB lost by 40 to Wyoming, 32 to UC Santa Barbara, 24 to Pacific, 45 to Southern U, 23 to Alcorn State last year. Lost all of their non conference games by double digits. Maybe UAPB has improved, but no excuse with the talent we had coming back.

FrogAbroad

I hope that UAPB #21 goes to the transfer portal. We should look at him. That kid couldn’t miss.:
Okay, serious question here: what are the rules/ethics about contacting a scholarship athlete enrolled at another school to offer a scholarship if the athlete transfers? It appears the athlete must enter "the portal" before receiving any offers, but...is there a penalty attached if caught being a bit premature making the offer?

y2kFrog

As much as I want to say 3, this is the type of opponent you dominate even if you play your worst game. 3rd worst team in Kenpom. 2nd to last place in the worst D1 conference last year. UAPB lost by 40 to Wyoming, 32 to UC Santa Barbara, 24 to Pacific, 45 to Southern U, 23 to Alcorn State last year. Lost all of their non conference games by double digits. Maybe UAPB has improved, but no excuse with the talent we had coming back.
This is not last year. Our football team was awful last year, now we are 9-0. How about we play a few games before judging anything…

3 possibilities here:

1) This team is terrible
2) UAPB is one of the best teams in the country
3) It's the first game of the year and it doesn't mean much of anything at all
Definitely mostly three but it reinforces the preseason concern of poor outside shooting. Defense and rebounding will have to be our MO and those require effort which didn’t seem to be there tonight.

PurpleBlood87

According to CJD in the post-game interview A-PB revamped most of its roster and TCU went in blind as far as how good or bad they would play.
CJD said that was a much better team then the one they had film on.

froginmn

Okay, serious question here: what are the rules/ethics about contacting a scholarship athlete enrolled at another school to offer a scholarship if the athlete transfers? It appears the athlete must enter "the portal" before receiving any offers, but...is there a penalty attached if caught being a bit premature making the offer?
I'm pretty sure there's a penalty for premature evacuation.

Technically you can't make contact, and if you do there's a sanction for it. However, proving it happened is, I'm sure, quite difficult.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Oklahoma Sooners blow late lead, fall in season opener to Sam Houston State​

USATSI_17940998.jpg

Ben Dackiw

November 7, 2022 10:55 pm CT

This is not the start that Porter Moser envisioned for his second year at the University of Oklahoma.
OU turned the ball over 21 times and shot just 37.2% from the field and were outrebounded by six on the offensive glass. Neither team found much success from three-point range; both teams shot just over 26%.

LVH

Oklahoma Sooners blow late lead, fall in season opener to Sam Houston State​

USATSI_17940998.jpg

Ben Dackiw

November 7, 2022 10:55 pm CT

This is not the start that Porter Moser envisioned for his second year at the University of Oklahoma.
OU turned the ball over 21 times and shot just 37.2% from the field and were outrebounded by six on the offensive glass. Neither team found much success from three-point range; both teams shot just over 26%.

Feel bad for Porter, he is a good guy - have a hard time rooting against him. Not sure if Oklahoma was ever a good fit for him, he could have stayed at Loyola and turned them into a Butler.

LVH

According to CJD in the post-game interview A-PB revamped most of its roster and TCU went in blind as far as how good or bad they would play.
CJD said that was a much better team then the one they had film on.
We will see. Looking at the usual tough non conference schedule schools like UAPB play I'll be surprised if they win any of them

TCUdirtbag

it’s the first game and we won (try as we might’ve to lose). I’m going to try and erase it from my brain before it scars and choose to not think about it ever again.

Season “opener” vs Lamar on Friday!