• The KillerFrogs

Frogs return to Lupton

jake102

I'd shoot myself if we lost to the Aggy's in a super regional.

I can handle UT, not Aggy. I know too many Aggy's. Including half my family.

iancurtis

I only wish that our ball park has ever been so loud it was difficult to hear the person next to you.

And sitting in the section by the away team's dugout always turns into the heckling area...guess why? oh yeah, cause they aren't gonna hear you from the third base line on the second deck.

I think it may have been that loud when we swept Texas in 93 in the old stadium, when Holaday homered against Wichita State walk off style, when we won the super regional both times. I'm all for crowd noise too when it isn't some hack who watched too many Chris Farley movies trying to bring attention to himself when the rest of the crowd is in the flow of the game.

Depends on how good of a heckler you are if they are going to hear you from upstairs. I never thought of the 1st base dugout being the heckling area... oh yeah, I did and thats why my tickets aren't over there or in the student section like I said before.

Its kind of like non-alchohol sections in pro stadiums. I sit there sometimes because I like it calmer and don't want to have to deal with certain things. It doesn't mean that I don't like beer. I strategically bought my tix 4 years ago around a lot of other families and older people because it was a bit calmer. It doesn't mean that I don't like kids or even find humor in them, I just want to admire them from afar.

I realize it is a baseball game and don't expect a golf atmosphere. I know that I can debate this for days. I am glad that everyone is so in to the games and that our attendance is up and there is a place for everything. Its not a perfect world and its not my world and that is why I don't say anything to them because they have the right to have a good time but I still have the right to also think that sometimes some of them are as annoying as hell.

FROGDADDY

Also, as much as I love visiting College Station...there is NO way I want to play a Super there. The atmosphere is waaaay better there (not in our favor) than Augieworld. And with our bats..I don't want to see their pitching.

(edit: although it would be really cheap for me)

Their bats don't want to see our pitching either. Over/under for runs scored by both teams that weekend might be around 10.

PurpleBlood87

I only wish that our ball park has ever been so loud it was difficult to hear the person next to you.

And sitting in the section by the away team's dugout always turns into the heckling area...guess why? oh yeah, cause they aren't gonna hear you from the third base line on the second deck.
Don't lie. You sit down there to tell the players they are cute.

2314@work

Contributor
I will never forget that Saturday. What a great day to be a Frog and be on campus with the sweep of Texas and the naming of Billy as basketball coach.

Could have had the same this year :angry:

Can't wait to see what the (promised not to write that word)s on the board think when Tech is playing in a Final Four.

Houston Frog

I'm with iancurtis when it comes to bad hecklers. Bad heckling is awkward and hard to be around, you want to just go up to the guy and tell him, "hey man, you're really not good at this. You're embarrassing yourself and your school".

The worst is when the guy is dead sober and just isn't the slightest bit funny, but thinks he's freaking Will Ferrell. He has nothing to blame his terribleness on but his nerdy personality and crappy sense of humor. At least with overly-drunk-heckler-guy, we can all laugh together at him.

I know I'm not without blame here though, I've certainly yelled some dumb 'crap' that I regretted after a few too many beers.

TCURiggs

I'm with iancurtis when it comes to bad hecklers. Bad heckling is awkward and hard to be around, you want to just go up to the guy and tell him, "hey man, you're really not good at this. You're embarrassing yourself and your school".

The worst is when the guy is dead sober and just isn't the slightest bit funny, but thinks he's freaking Will Ferrell. He has nothing to blame his terribleness on but his nerdy personality and crappy sense of humor. At least with overly-drunk-heckler-guy, we can all laugh together at him.

I know I'm not without blame here though, I've certainly yelled some dumb 'crap' that I regretted after a few too many beers.

The worst I've heard this year was some young drunk guy throw out, "Hey Ref, you must be wearing your whitey tighties!!" That was followed by a self chuckle and crickets.

I was just stunned by his terribleness. I couldn't even turn around to tell him how awful that was.

A. He's not a "ref"
B. What does that even mean?

The crickets didn't slow him down though, he kept firing.