• The KillerFrogs

Frogs named in new CBB indictments?

netty2424

Even though I’ve worked with criminal cases for a long time I’m still susceptible of mild surprise. Why a young man would (allegedly) throw away a promising career for six grand is baffling.
Seems foolish now. But I bet when he did it, it was so common and no one was getting pinched for it so he figured it was business as usual.

But to your point, I agree completely. Which also begs the question is $6k all he ever received for his services.

Eight

Even though I’ve worked with criminal cases for a long time I’m still susceptible of mild surprise. Why a young man would (allegedly) throw away a promising career for six grand is baffling.

i have told reps in sales situations that you can not make enough off one sale to make decisions that seem like a good amount of money, but you aren't worth your future.

don't know how many people still make that choice and unfortunately there will always be people who fall for "easy money"

Eight

How much does a college assistant coach make?

i would guess barker is over $100k though no idea if closer to 200k.

agree with those that believe this was not a payment to influence any of frogs players to sign with the agency as much as vanderbilt who barker is related and a top recruit coming out of high school

flyfishingfrog

So he is related to a Kentucky player that might be a true NBA prospect?

That would so be our luck - we get the bad rep for an assistant getting paid on a player that plays for a blue blood that won't ever get in trouble

Not only are we bad at cheating but getting nailed for someone else's problem is right in line with out general success at under the table dealings.

And frankly - if Barker really did take money to get a kid he couldn't get to TCU to commit to an agent - I won't be sorry to see him gone and fast.

Bleed purple or bleed out [ hundin]!

Last edited:

Eight

So he is related to a Kentucky player that might be a true NBA prospect?

That would so be our luck - we get the bad rep for an assistant getting paid on a player that plays for a blue blood that won't ever get in trouble

Not only are we bad at cheating but getting nailed for someone else's problem is right in line with out general success at under the table dealings.

jarred vanderbilt is a cousin of corey barker's and after one year at kentucky entered the nba draft and now plays for the denver nuggets.

the interesting part on vanderbilt is that when he entered his name into the nba draft he didn't immediately sign with an agent. have no idea now if he has representation and if so whom, but when i look at the tcu roster at that time and barker's family tie to vanderbilt the only logical explanation to pay corey money to try to influence their chose of agent is vanderbilt

flyfishingfrog

jarred vanderbilt is a cousin of corey barker's and after one year at kentucky entered the nba draft and now plays for the denver nuggets.

the interesting part on vanderbilt is that when he entered his name into the nba draft he didn't immediately sign with an agent. have no idea now if he has representation and if so whom, but when i look at the tcu roster at that time and barker's family tie to vanderbilt the only logical explanation to pay corey money to try to influence their chose of agent is vanderbilt
makes a lot more sense than any of our guys.

I know Fish "might" be a prospect but like I said - he is one of 100-200 guys playing D1 that "might" make it - I just can't see an agent shelling out money, even if its only $6k for that much of a stretch.

But hoping that a cousin of a 1 and done player where that is an asst in D1 basketball might be able to get in a kids ear and direct him toward you seems a lot more reasonable - $6k vs a potential big pay day is better odds than $6k vs a 1 in 200 shot