• The KillerFrogs

"Frank the Tank" on B12 reallignment rumors, posted 01/24/2013

froginaustin

Now, to get this board back to conference realignment gossip, what we are really here to talk about:

http://frankthetank.wordpress.com/

. . .

(1) Are the reported rules that new Big Ten schools must be AAU members and new SEC schools must be in a state outside of the current conference footprint truly hard-and-fast rules? –

. . .

(2) If numerous ACC schools want to leave and are awaiting the outcome of the conference’s lawsuit against Maryland, why did they join in that lawsuit in the first place? –

. . .

(3) If UVA, UNC and Georgia Tech spurned overtures from the Big Ten (as Chip Brown reported), why would at least one of them (Georgia Tech) supposedly be interested in the Big 12? –

. . .

(4) If the Big 12 can’t add any ACC schools, who else would they be willing to add (if anyone at all)? –

. . ..

Big Frog II

I believe those schools said no before the TV and bowl revenues were finalized. Now that the ACC is making far less than the other conferences, they maybe much more open to moving. I still think Maryland is the key. If the "fee" is reduced for them to leave substantially, I think you will see others leave too. Of course if enough plan on leaving at the same time, they could vote to do away with that fee.

masterfrog

He is a big 10 homer, and believes everyone wants to join the big 10.
With a pooled academic reasearch fund of 8 billion dollars, and 12 percent of all federal research funds awarded annually, I would think he is right about everyone wanting to join the Big 10. They just dwarf every other conference in money and it isn't even close.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
No kidding. I stopped reading when he started with FSU to the Big10. I don't think the Seminoles would be interested in that arrangement.

Bet they would. They dont have a long history to hold them to the ACC so a move of that nature would be a straight money call. Having said that a move to the SEC would certainly be preferable to the Noles.

cdsfrog

Big 10 football may be overrated but it's delusional to think that conference affilation is a bad one. It's awesome actually.