• The KillerFrogs

Fox announcers: Buffs to come out in Saturday's game wearing all white

Spike

We should do some throwbacks.
1447614331-Kansas-TCU-Football.jpg
No pajamas please

Horny4TCU

That's a Briles move, right there.

Literally. That's what he used to do at Stephenville during August-September football games. That and steroid his players up like racehorses.
Is he wrong? I mean, that is making a home field advantage. I'm sure he expects it right back when they travel.

Toad Jones

Some little known facts about Deion.

He built a 22,500 sq ft home here in Prosper. He longer lives in this house) It had everything a professional football and baseball player could ask for. For instance a four lane bowling alley, a tricked gym, a full reg gymnasium, indoor track, two media rooms both loaded with $$$ of electronic equip, forgotten but think a six car, garage, barber shop, built a lake to fish, built a 2500 sq ft. servant quarters, electric scooters b/c the house was so big it two hours to go from one end to the other (complete exaggeration) but the use of scooters is true. Private full time chef. It goes on and on. And get this, his dressing room or clothes closet measured close to 2,000 sq ft. Yes, that's a fact!

Many mornings you could catch him eating breakfast in a small (the only one in town then) café. He is very approachable and will freely talk to you. Friendly, funny, smiles a lot, and you don't realize how tall he is until he stands next to you. My guess is 6'2 maybe 6'3". As you may remember, he interviewed for the TCU HC before Sonny took the over. Some say he really wanted to coach at TCU and positively spoke of its potential. Most fans on this board did not want his services and said so strongly.

There are many professional athletes who live here. Zack Prescott lives down the street with many ex cowboy players. I know of three ex NBA guys. Two or three ex baseball players. More celebrities than you can count, both film and business executives. Average homes up here are well over a million dollars. Big lots for housing are over a million dollars.

They just opened up a new high school two weeks ago that has been featured on CNN, Facebook, Utube etc. It has a FULL and I mean a full food court that would put most malls to shame. It's new as I said, so the inter scholastic league will not categorize but like the other high schools will be in a super conference. Because it is not rated as yet, they have to play schools in El Paso, Houston, Austin until assigned a district. They will play Celina, which also on the cusp of being a super size school. Celina just announced two new high schools. Every city, every part of Texas is growing so fast It's hard to count who, where and when.

Funny thing, my wife had a run in with a Karen from California who demanded this and that. Came home and said, I've had it with today's society, let's buy some property in the central Texas area. So we did and wouldn't you know it, we're sounded by people who moved in the area from....yep you guessed it.. California. ... A California lass bought a ranch west of us and while in a hardware store asked the mgr, what are those little houses on stilts I see everywhere. Is that where the immigrants stay for a little while? No ..those are deer blinds.

Deep Purple

Funny thing, my wife had a run in with a Karen from California who demanded this and that. Came home and said, I've had it with today's society, let's buy some property in the central Texas area. So we did and wouldn't you know it, we're sounded by people who moved in the area from....yep you guessed it.. California. ... A California lass bought a ranch west of us and while in a hardware store asked the mgr, what are those little houses on stilts I see everywhere. Is that where the immigrants stay for a little while? No ..those are deer blinds.
For the last 10-12 years, Californians have been moving to Texas at an average rate of about 70,000 per year. At most, that's about 840,000 total. Given our overall population of about 31.2 million, it's barely more than 2% of the whole -- though it's still growing. More Californians are moving here than to any other state, including Florida. And this isn't a new development. California has been steadily leaking population to other states every single year since 2000, leading to net population loss (more people leaving than are dying or moving in).

Beginning in about 2010-2012, that trickling little leak became a small jetting fountain. Not really a flood of interstate emigration, but enough so that California, the most populous state in the Union at over 39 million, actually lost a seat in the House of Representatives during the last reapportionment in 2020. This was a first in California history. That state had never before seen its congressional representation reduced. Cali was also the only state in the Sunbelt to suffer this. Every other Sunbelt state gained representation or held its ground.

Most of those leaving California are the extremely dissatisfied who are fed up with the "progressive" high-taxation, high-regulation policies that have made living and working in Cali so difficult and expensive for anyone who is not upper-middle class or independently wealthy. (Also a contributing factor in California's nation-leading rate of homelessness). Average middle-class and working-class people are just screwed. Their chances of rising to a higher quality of life are minimal.

Most of California is attractive countryside with sublime weather. But beautiful weather and scenery don't feed, clothe, educate, and house your children. And the large cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco (exception: San Diego) have gone to sh!te -- literally.

ShreveFrog

@Toad Jones - Torri Hunter? I met him when TCU hosted Ark. Pine-Bluff in 2019 football. He's from Pine Bluff and was with another man, possibly a player's dad. Told me he was now living in Prosper. Nice guy. Was a helluva player.

Toad Jones

For the last 10-12 years, Californians have been moving to Texas at an average rate of about 70,000 per year. At most, that's about 840,000 total. Given our overall population of about 31.2 million, it's barely more than 2% of the whole -- though it's still growing. More Californians are moving here than to any other state, including Florida. And this isn't a new development. California has been steadily leaking population to other states every single year since 2000, leading to net population loss (more people leaving than are dying or moving in).

Beginning in about 2010-2012, that trickling little leak became a small jetting fountain. Not really a flood of interstate emigration, but enough so that California, the most populous state in the Union at over 39 million, actually lost a seat in the House of Representatives during the last reapportionment in 2020. This was a first in California history. That state had never before seen its congressional representation reduced. Cali was also the only state in the Sunbelt to suffer this. Every other Sunbelt state gained representation or held its ground.

Most of those leaving California are the extremely dissatisfied who are fed up with the "progressive" high-taxation, high-regulation policies that have made living and working in Cali so difficult and expensive for anyone who is not upper-middle class or independently wealthy. (Also a contributing factor in California's nation-leading rate of homelessness). Average middle-class and working-class people are just screwed. Their chances of rising to a higher quality of life are minimal.

Most of California is attractive countryside with sublime weather. But beautiful weather and scenery don't feed, clothe, educate, and house your children. And the large cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco (exception: San Diego) have gone to sh!te -- literally.
Sure Deep and good info. Let me be clear, most of the SoCal folks are pretty good but as life says, now and then a rotten apple pops up. The lady I referred to as a Karen. Said you Texans are dummer than dirt. You're fifteen years behind in politics. You're way too conservative, and it's too hot here. My wife asked, why are you here, then?

4 Oaks Frog

Some little known facts about Deion.

He built a 22,500 sq ft home here in Prosper. He longer lives in this house) It had everything a professional football and baseball player could ask for. For instance a four lane bowling alley, a tricked gym, a full reg gymnasium, indoor track, two media rooms both loaded with $$$ of electronic equip, forgotten but think a six car, garage, barber shop, built a lake to fish, built a 2500 sq ft. servant quarters, electric scooters b/c the house was so big it two hours to go from one end to the other (complete exaggeration) but the use of scooters is true. Private full time chef. It goes on and on. And get this, his dressing room or clothes closet measured close to 2,000 sq ft. Yes, that's a fact!

Many mornings you could catch him eating breakfast in a small (the only one in town then) café. He is very approachable and will freely talk to you. Friendly, funny, smiles a lot, and you don't realize how tall he is until he stands next to you. My guess is 6'2 maybe 6'3". As you may remember, he interviewed for the TCU HC before Sonny took the over. Some say he really wanted to coach at TCU and positively spoke of its potential. Most fans on this board did not want his services and said so strongly.

There are many professional athletes who live here. Zack Prescott lives down the street with many ex cowboy players. I know of three ex NBA guys. Two or three ex baseball players. More celebrities than you can count, both film and business executives. Average homes up here are well over a million dollars. Big lots for housing are over a million dollars.

They just opened up a new high school two weeks ago that has been featured on CNN, Facebook, Utube etc. It has a FULL and I mean a full food court that would put most malls to shame. It's new as I said, so the inter scholastic league will not categorize but like the other high schools will be in a super conference. Because it is not rated as yet, they have to play schools in El Paso, Houston, Austin until assigned a district. They will play Celina, which also on the cusp of being a super size school. Celina just announced two new high schools. Every city, every part of Texas is growing so fast It's hard to count who, where and when.

Sorry about your two softball coaches going to jail…not.