• The KillerFrogs

Fox 4 high temp forecast for Saturday

UltimateFrog

I can pretty much guarantee you it will be in the 90's. When the forecast is more than three days out they basically use a historical average combined with the current trend. Be prepared for 95ish.

OmniscienceFrog

The official temperature is in the shade. Add 15-30 degrees for sun, depending on the time of year. I have checked it myself at home many times. For instance, one time it was 98 in the shade, 128 in the sun. So both temps you guys mentioned were probably correct, especially when you take into account radiation from the pavement, etc. Notice that they sometimes have thermometers on the field yielding a much hotter temp than is official. That's the sun, especially this far south.

Another example as far as latitude goes, the amount of UV radiation in Miami is about twice that of New York City. Actually that is for MED (minimal erythma dose), but close enough. Of course, UV radiation is not hot (that's IR radiation), but on a clear day the altitude differences can be compared.

Anyway, the sun makes it much, much hotter than the official temperature.

Sorry, I know I tend to be verbose.

We need a gigantic 200-foot tall Vista SunSetter to roll out from above the top of the upper deck for these September afternoon games.

MotorizedPatioCover.jpg

Latest posts