• The KillerFrogs

For Those of You Who Enjoy HBO's "Real Sports"

Frog-in-law1995

Pretty [ Finebaum ]ty of HBO to tell the story but withhold the fact that INDEPENDENT DOCTORS CLEARED HIM TO PLAY until a voice-over disclosure at the very end. You can’t judge GP’s alleged conduct fairly without that information.

Pretty [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty of HBO to tell the story but withhold the fact that INDEPENDENT DOCTORS CLEARED HIM TO PLAY until a voice-over disclosure at the very end. You can’t judge GP’s alleged conduct fairly without that information.

That's a preview of a likely 15 minute long report.

And they are driving a narrative, that's how you "entertain" with news in the 21st century. The fact that you even got the counter-argument at all is a bit of a miracle.

BABYFACE

That's a preview of a likely 15 minute long report.

And they are driving a narrative, that's how you "entertain" with news in the 21st century. The fact that you even got the counter-argument at all is a bit of a miracle.

While agree with, that still flies in the face of the definition of journalism. Just come out and say we are in the entertainment business, not journalism.

I know, if Monkeys could fly.

LisaLT

I’m having a really hard time believing any TCU coach, let alone Patterson, would say such things to him in order to get him to play. What possible motivation would the coaches have to play an injured player?? Or threaten to report him to potential NFL scouts as “soft” for not playing while injured? This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Ron Swanson

I’m having a really hard time believing any TCU coach, let alone Patterson, would say such things to him in order to get him to play. What possible motivation would the coaches have to play an injured player?? Or threaten to report him to potential NFL scouts as “soft” for not playing while injured? This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I haven’t really followed this whole thing that closely, but my guess would be that the coaches think that the players are lying or milking it. I know when I was in high school I had horrible foot pain and I also badly bruised my arse bone. My coaches thought I was full of it and were always giving me crap about faking injuries.

I could barely walk and would have killed to be out there playing.

CountryFrog

I haven’t really followed this whole thing that closely, but my guess would be that the coaches think that the players are lying or milking it. I know when I was in high school I had horrible foot pain and I also badly bruised my arse bone. My coaches thought I was full of it and were always giving me crap about faking injuries.

I could barely walk and would have killed to be out there playing.
You should sue your HS coaches for derailing your college and NFL future.

Chongo94

I think this says it all about Listenbee:

Wearing his adizero 5-star 40 cleats, in hopes of cashing in on the $1 million prize offered by Adidas, Listenbee ran a 4.35 seconds. It was the second-fastest among his position group to Notre Dame’s Will Fuller, who ran a 4.32, but didn’t threaten Chris Johnson’s record 4.24 from 2008.

“That’s the reason why I ran so I could break the record,” Listenbee said Saturday. “I’m a competitor. I wanted to go out there and break the record. I didn’t, but I also still might have a chance to get a paid a little bit.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/article62891377.html

ftwfrog

Wearing his adizero 5-star 40 cleats, in hopes of cashing in on the $1 million prize offered by Adidas, Listenbee ran a 4.35 seconds. It was the second-fastest among his position group to Notre Dame’s Will Fuller, who ran a 4.32, but didn’t threaten Chris Johnson’s record 4.24 from 2008.

“That’s the reason why I ran so I could break the record,” Listenbee said Saturday. “I’m a competitor. I wanted to go out there and break the record. I didn’t, but I also still might have a chance to get a paid a little bit.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/article62891377.html
So you were medically fragile yet you ran a 4.32?

Thank you. next.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

What the scheiss

netty2424

Nothing new from this interview. And his story was a small piece of a bigger segment that was really an indictment against the NCAA.

Seems to me that KL's lawyers have blown their wads and don't have much past some he said she said against GP. Maybe they have a case against the medical staff, no idea. But not GP.

Saddest part of that interview was the poor kids mom losing it. Couldn't imagine.

stbrab

And the show was capped off with Bryant Gumbel kissing Colin Kapernick's ass. Made me gag.
I stopped watching when that segment came on...I knew I couldn’t stomach it. I hadn’t watched this show in years. Probably will be years before I watch it again.

YA

The whole thing about TCU was a complete dud and amounted to nothing. I'm sure KL's aggie lawyers were disappointed. Too bad aggie, more disappointments to come from this case for you!