• The KillerFrogs

Football Scoop: Sonny Dykes lays bare college football's problems

ftwfrog

Nope. He makes $5m. He can be held accountable. No bowl game this year. Sub par coaching. You can accept mediocrity. I won't.
I know this is like trying to talk to a scheissing doorknob, but a doorknob actually serves a purpose.

Sonny at TCU is 18-9.

GP 181-79

One with a brain could argue the competition’s been a bit stiffer during Sonny’s tenure.

FloridaFrog76129

I know this is like trying to talk to a scheissing doorknob, but a doorknob actually serves a purpose.

Sonny at TCU is 18-9.

GP 181-79

One with a brain could argue the competition’s been a bit stiffer during Sonny’s tenure.

Sonny at TCU is 18-9.

GP 181-79

This big 12 was the worst top to bottom since we joined the conference. And there’s 4 G5 teams in it. 2 of our 3 conference wins were G5…so Dykes was looking at a 3-9 season in the old big 12 format

Land Frog

Darn baylor!

Sonny at TCU is 18-9.

GP 181-79

How about we define mediocre for Sonny's time at TCU? Once defined and agreeable, I'll bet you $100 that he's within that defined range when he leaves. Interested?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
You make the comment "You can accept mediocrity. I won't" and I'm the one being an asshat?

I stand by my statement, I'd pretty much guarantee you accept a whole lot of mediocrity in your life.
Think what you want. You're wrong about my life but no need to justify my higher standards to you. Enjoy your day.

LisaLT

Absolutely.

This is cold, but it makes me want to say let me see a picture of your girlfriend or wife before you say you won't accept mediocrity. :)
And are YOU the judge of this "mediocrity"? Lord help us. If you are inferring that looks are the basis that makes a girlfriend or wife "mediocre" then I really wonder about you. That's like saying if a man has a beer belling, is bald or has less than acceptable manhood, he's mediocre. Come on, man lol! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not the CFP committee...

Wexahu

And are YOU the judge of this "mediocrity"? Lord help us. If you are inferring that looks are the basis that makes a girlfriend or wife "mediocre" then I really wonder about you. That's like saying if a man has a beer belling, is bald or has less than acceptable manhood, he's mediocre. Come on, man lol! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not the CFP committee...
Good grief, it was a joke. Kind of.

A poster mentioned to another that "you can accept mediocrity. I don't". So if someone isn't on here constantly belittling and criticising our coaching staff with virtually every post and in general acting like a dick about it, they are somehow accepting mediocrity?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Good grief, it was a joke. Kind of.

A poster mentioned to another that "you can accept mediocrity. I don't". So if someone isn't on here constantly belittling and criticising our coaching staff with virtually every post and in general acting like a dick about it, they are somehow accepting mediocrity?
How about you quit the attacks? I'll make the same bet with you as ftwfrog. I am stating facts about Sonny who is in a high profile position and should have some accountability for what he is being paid. You can't attack my facts so you attack me. You're out of line IMO.

Wexahu

How about you quit the attacks? I'll make the same bet with you as ftwfrog. I am stating facts about Sonny who is in a high profile position and should have some accountability for what he is being paid. You can't attack my facts so you attack me. You're out of line IMO.
Facts? You've called SD a "fraud" now how many times now? That's not a fact, that's an opinion. You're entitled to it, but I'm entitled to my opinion of you. And how is it that he doesn't have any accountability? How do you know this?

I've been personally attacked plenty on here. Get over it.

That is a sad point about TCU’s three conference wins being versus three 2-7 teams at the bottom of the conference; two of them handicapped newcomers Houston and BYU, and Baylor at their lowest.

A round-robin like years past, without the newcomers but instead Oky State and Kansas, and the Frogs likely only win 1 or 2 conference games, maybe zero if Baylor had been like years past.

This year was worse than any Patterson year, uff da. The Horned Frogs finished alone at 9th of 10 among last year’s old Big XII schools. Only Baylor was worse, the other eight were better. Those eight all finished at 5-4 or better, taking advantage of being in a conference with four bad newbies along with Baylor and TCU.

Last edited: