• The KillerFrogs

Football scholarship question

WhatTheFrog

I can't find it now, but I read something here in the last day or two that had to do with the "parent portal" and I'm pretty sure that it said that we would be short 2 scholarships next season because SR and Snell are transferring out (down from a total roster size of 85 to 83). Is this true? If a scholarship player transfers out during the current season, do we lose that scholarship for the following season?

I've been looking for that thread to re-read the post, but I don't remember which one it was. Maybe I misread it, but I seem to recall it saying something along the lines of our total roster being reduced from 85 to 83. Maybe you could take 2 walk-ons to fill out the roster, but then you'd end up pushing some folks off the roster the following year to fill the scholarships. I just don't fully understand exactly what it was that I read/what I'm recalling. If anyone can link to the thread that I'm talking about, please post it up here.

CryptoMiner

The term is "Portal Parent" and no you do not lose the scholarship the following season but you can't fill the spot during the current season so you are down two spots the year they decide to transfer. The scholarship lasts the entire school year or until they leave the school. If they before the spring semester they can use the spot for a walk-on for the remaining semester.