• The KillerFrogs

Football divisions in the new Big 12

PurplFrawg

Administrator
didn't know he was with espn now that he retired from wrestling, but did play at uga back in the day

ViI9Z7.gif
Looks a lot like John Denton.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Beating the (whatever is permissible to say here describing Briles elimination products) out of them. There is no more arrogant a team, or school, in the US of A than these folk from University Park, Dallas Texas.

I understand the sentiment but Ivy League schools think they’re above logic and reason, so there’s that.

Hell Sent Frog

Big 12 Divisions (8 game schedule).
Priority being optimizing fan attendance and tv viewing interest due to historical, regional and same time zone (UCF) rivalries.

Southwest Division:
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech
Houston
Oklahoma State
BYU

East Division:
Kansas
K-State
Iowa State
WVU
Cincinnati
UCF

stbrab

Big 12 Divisions (8 game schedule).
Priority being optimizing fan attendance and tv viewing interest due to historical, regional and same time zone (UCF) rivalries.

Southwest Division:
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech
Houston
Oklahoma State
BYU

East Division:
Kansas
K-State
Iowa State
WVU
Cincinnati
UCF
I like the divisions, but prefer a 9 game schedule. However, I’d also like to see all P5 conferences go to 9. The primary holdout, and it’s obviously working for them, is the SEC. From what I’ve read, they’re considering 9 to coincide with their expansion.

HG73

I like the divisions, but prefer a 9 game schedule. However, I’d also like to see all P5 conferences go to 9. The primary holdout, and it’s obviously working for them, is the SEC. From what I’ve read, they’re considering 9 to coincide with their expansion.
We need to play the same number of conference games as the SEC. Big advantage to play fewer conference games in a larger conference.

Florida, Tennessee, Auburn and LSU are good enough programs to have been able to win national titles in the past 25 years. What conference can even come close to having that kind of top to bottom success? And it's not all because of their scheduling. They beat up on each other quite a bit too. They play 8 conference games, not 5.

It's just the best college football league by a good margin. Period. How anyone doesn't recognize that is beyond me. Best recruiting classes, highest paid coaches, best facilities, most passionate fans, best of everything really. It is what it is.

You forgot highest paid players. LOL

Peterson: A plan to preserve Big 12's fair football scheduling even with 12 teams, two divisions
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...cincinnati-ucf-houston-iowa-state/8314665002/
“Re-shuffle division members every two seasons. Or re-seed, if you prefer that word.

Place the first-place team in one division, and the second-place team in another, and so on, back and forth. The odd-numbered finishers in one division, the evens in another.

Sure, that means switching up the divisions every two or so years. It does, however, provide some semblance of equality in a conference that no longer will have that equal scheduling we liked so much.

Why every two seasons? To preserve home-and-home scheduling.”

Last edited:

Eight

Peterson: A plan to preserve Big 12's fair football scheduling even with 12 teams, two divisions
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...cincinnati-ucf-houston-iowa-state/8314665002/
Re-shuffle division members every two seasons. Or re-seed, if you prefer that word.

Place the first-place team in one division, and the second-place team in another, and so on, back and forth. The odd-numbered finishers in one division, the evens in another.

Sure, that means switching up the divisions every two or so years. It does, however, provide some semblance of equality in a conference that no longer will have that equal scheduling we liked so much.

Why every two seasons? To preserve home-and-home scheduling.

complete crap, thanks for linking

Latest posts