• The KillerFrogs

FLM: No. 1 Houston seeks revenge against TCU in Big 12 tourney

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

No. 1 Houston seeks revenge against TCU in Big 12 tourney​

Story by Field Level Media

BB1jS64h.img

Top-ranked Houston looks to continue its late-season hot streak and cement its spot atop the pack for the NCAA Tournament when it squares off against TCU on Thursday in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tournament in Kansas City, Mo.

The winner of the dustup between the Cougars, seeded No. 1 in the Big 12 tourney, and the eighth-seeded Horned Frogs will play the winner of the contest between fourth-seeded and No. 25 Texas Tech and fifth-seeded and No. 20 BYU in a semifinal on Friday.

Both Houston and TCU are expected to be a part of the field of 68 when the NCAA Tournament participants are named on Sunday.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...nge-against-tcu-in-big-12-tourney/ar-BB1jS1ir

Lunardi now has the Frogs as a 9 seed, having moved TCU up one and Oklahoma down one to a 10.

Kansas who finished 10-8 in the conference and lost yesterday is still a 4 seed. I wonder what the seeds would be if TCU had defeated Kansas in that first conference game and finished 10-8 instead. That loss still stings with some weight in the seedings and is why you can’t minimize the affect of early season losses.

Texas is down to a 9; Tech and Baylor are 7 and 3. Houston, Iowa State and BYU are 1, 3 and 5.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Lunardi now has the Frogs as a 9 seed, having moved TCU up one and Oklahoma down one to a 10.

Kansas who finished 10-8 in the conference and lost yesterday is still a 4 seed. I wonder what the seeds would be if TCU had defeated Kansas in that first conference game and finished 10-8 instead. That loss still stings with some weight in the seedings and is why you can’t minimize the affect of early season losses.

Texas is down to a 9; Tech and Baylor are 7 and 3. Houston, Iowa State and BYU are 1, 3 and 5.
I get it that anything can happen, we have been disappointing at times, but all the talk regarding being a “bubble team” etc has been pretty ridiculous, including by the Startlegram. Lunardi had us at 10 prior to the UCF loss, but there are 16 seeds of 4 each. At 10 you’d have to drop past about 25 teams to be out of it. Possible but very unlikely.

LisaLT

I get it that anything can happen, we have been disappointing at times, but all the talk regarding being a “bubble team” etc has been pretty ridiculous, including by the Startlegram. Lunardi had us at 10 prior to the UCF loss, but there are 16 seeds of 4 each. At 10 you’d have to drop past about 25 teams to be out of it. Possible but very unlikely.
I agree.
I also think TCU is a team that if they can play a complete game, shoot well and not turn the ball over, they are capable of making a deep run in the tournament. Every time we play the announcers always say "number one fast break team in the nation" - they just need to play smart and of course make their shots. We will see if they play up to their potential, or falter under pressure.

Wexahu

???

The last 20-25 teams in the tournament are automatic qualifiers. So at 10, that's about as on the bubble as you can get for an at-large bid. I think since they went to 68 teams that real bubble number might be 11, but still, I think had we lost to OU there was a good chance we'd have been out.

Dogfrog

???

The last 20-25 teams in the tournament are automatic qualifiers. So at 10, that's about as on the bubble as you can get for an at-large bid. I think since they went to 68 teams that real bubble number might be 11, but still, I think had we lost to OU there was a good chance we'd have been out.
My Brain fart. Will only add we did beat Houston at home and Baylor on the road. Really beat Kansas in Lawrence stolen from us IMO. We had very high quality wins along the way.

Froggy Style

Coles passes with 1 second left with everyone counting down, but will jack a running 15 footer with plenty of time. So ready for him to be done.