• The KillerFrogs

Flights to Phoenix

ATC Frog

I'm driving.

Road Trip Wayward Guide GIF by Tin Can Bros
99% certain my wife and I are driving as well. The cost of flying is just insane.

Spike

I flew into Tuscon. The flight there takes me all the way to San Diego then back. The flight home also has a redirect. That was only way to get flight home on New Years Day.

PurpleBlood87

At about 4 am there were about 20 to 25 flights from DFW to Phoenix listed on Travelocity.

Just looked and there is one flight listed for $1.389. But 21 return flights on Jan. 1 of varying prices.

LVH

Las Vegas is an option for anyone scrambling. Under a 5 hour, decently scenic, drive. You can do it in an afternoon.
I've done the drive several times... not bad at all. Las Vegas to Kingman via the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, then Kingman to Flagstaff among Route 66, then down to Phoenix with a huge elevation drop.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I just did a random search for Tucson. Flying the 28th and coming back the 2nd. Plenty of flights for $550ish round trip. Leaving the 29th some flights available in the $650 range. Again Tucson is only 90 miles away.
We are driving to Tucson and spending the night at Davis-Monthan ($92/night). Drive to the game, then back from the game to D-M for a night, then drive home the following day.' We stayed at Barksdale for the Independence Bowl and Randolph for the Alamo. Clean rooms and reasonable rates if you are military.

ftwfrog

ALL AIRLINES have a ton of cancellations. It's a gamble when going to events.
Fixed it for you. I know everyone has their horror story, but the worst luck I’ve had is on American and Southwest, which I still consider to be top tier and fly them more often than not.

(Knock on wood) Spirit and Frontier, while I may have had to spend a little extra on the chiropractor the next week due to being taller than 5’4, they’ve always gotten me to where I need to be.

mstrB

Fixed it for you. I know everyone has their horror story, but the worst luck I’ve had is on American and Southwest, which I still consider to be top tier and fly them more often than not.

(Knock on wood) Spirit and Frontier, while I may have had to spend a little extra on the chiropractor the next week due to being taller than 5’4, they’ve always gotten me to where I need to be.
Yes they all do, but the budget airlines have more. It's not an experience thing it's a known thing in the industry. It's not even a controversial topic so I am not sure your point.

ftwfrog

Yes they all do, but the budget airlines have more. It's not an experience thing it's a known thing in the industry. It's not eve. a controversial topic so I am not sure your point.
Sorry dude, didn’t mean to sound argumentative. Yes, I’m sure those airlines struggle to make ends meet, so I was just wondering what Americans issue is. They seem to always piss me off. That said, flying AA to Vegas on the 29th. Why not make enough cash to pay for the whole trip?? All airlines are a risk. Ask Phormer!

LisaLT

Maybe fly back on Jan. 2nd if you can. That is what I am doing. I figure I might be hungover on the 1st anyhow, so having an extra day to recoup is good.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Any airline employees who can give us the scoop on AA or SWA adding more flights to Phoenix now that everything is booked solid?