• The KillerFrogs

Fire Jeremiah Donati. Really. He needs to go.

Froggish

Jeremiah should not be fired due to how the Jamie Dixon situation has gone. But rather, he should be fired for what he has not done in the athletics department. TCU made the easy hire when it named Donati as CDC's replacement due to being in the middle of a fundraising campaign for AGCS.

But why not just give him the interim title, and then move on to a more experienced candidate after the money was secured? Boschini has made it clear that construction needs to slow down, which greatly diminishes the need for a great fundraiser in that position.

Then let's talk about the hires that have gone on throughout the rest of the athletics department. Unfortunately, Del Conte was able to poach some great behind-the-scenes workers, most notably Drew Martin. Which was a major reason why the marketing was being innovative (Go Purple Friday). Rather than looking externally, JD just promoted within to someone else that is not qualified for the position.

JD could make a great athletic director one day, but right now, not with TCU. TCU needs to grow into the program that we expect it to be and hold itself to those standards.

I really don’t have much of an opinion on AJD as he really hasn’t had to strap on his big boy pants and handle a personnel issue yet. Nor has he been asked to thrive with significant financial constraints. However those days may be quickly in the headlights.

I do believe that TCU often tries to operate like it is still a small minded G5 school. The hiring of AJD was exactly what you would expect out of a school who sometimes acts like a mom and pop cookie shop inside 200K sq fr factory. They went with the guy they know because it was easy.

netty2424

I do believe that TCU often tries to operate like it is still a small minded G5 school. The hiring of AJD was exactly what you would expect out of a school who sometimes acts like a mom and pop cookie shop inside 200K sq fr factory. They went with the guy they know because it was easy.
100% GP’s direction. It all starts and stops with him.

Frog Art

I really don’t have much of an opinion on AJD as he really hasn’t had to strap on his big boy pants and handle a personnel issue yet. Nor has he been asked to thrive with significant financial constraints. However those days may be quickly in the headlights.

Didn’t ADJD have to immediately get his feet wet handling the bad swim coach hire CDC left him with? I know it’s not a major sport but I like the replacement ADJD chose. I’m not disputing your last point but he has demonstrated he knows how to pull on his big boy pants.

Pharm Frog

Didn’t ADJD have to immediately get his feet wet handling the bad swim coach hire CDC left him with? I know it’s not a major sport but I like the replacement ADJD chose. I’m not disputing your last point but he has demonstrated he knows how to pull on his big boy pants.

That was the equivalent of janitorial work for an AD at a P5 school. CDC took a significantly bolder step than that dismissing the UT track coach upon arrival and that too was small potatoes. Far from putting on big boy pants, that was barely akin to donning no-show socks.

Froggish

Sure but as it relates to firing and hiring, anyone in a leadership role will ultimately be defined by how it handles performance related issues. Legal and moral issues are low hanging fruit. There’s no judgement call in those decisions. For major college athletics, there are only 5 “off schedule” sports.

Men’s: Football, Basketball, and Baseball
Woman’s: Basketball and indoor Volleyball

“Off schedule” means that performance issues should be addressed on an off contract bases. Evaluated annually regardless of contract for any issues that need to be addressed. These sports are school defining and generally where you are most invested. Consequently when they aren’t performing up to par they are hurting donations, school perception, and in some cases enrollment growth. These play a role in a schools perceived value in the market and performance warrants an extra level of scrutiny and oversight.

All the other sports are “On Schedule” sports meaning you wouldn’t let someone go for a performance issue unless their contract was also up. That’s a zero buyout policy to protect the budget.

As it relates to AJD..He hasn’t made a performance related decision in one of the off contract sports. The only thing he can be graded on is his budgetary oversight and his fund raising bandwidth which I have no idea if he’s got traction on those things.

Sure but as it relates to firing and hiring, anyone in a leadership role will ultimately be defined by how it handles performance related issues. Legal and moral issues are low hanging fruit. There’s no judgement call in those decisions. For major college athletics, there are only 5 “off schedule” sports.

Men’s: Football, Basketball, and Baseball
Woman’s: Basketball and indoor Volleyball

“Off schedule” means that performance issues should be addressed on an off contract bases. Evaluated annually regardless of contract for any issues that need to be addressed. These sports are school defining and generally where you are most invested. Consequently when they aren’t performing up to par they are hurting donations, school perception, and in some cases enrollment growth. These play a role in a schools perceived value in the market and performance warrants an extra level of scrutiny and oversight.

All the other sports are “On Schedule” sports meaning you wouldn’t let someone go for a performance issue unless their contract was also up. That’s a zero buyout policy to protect the budget.

As it relates to AJD..He hasn’t made a performance related decision in one of the off contract sports. The only thing he can be graded on is his budgetary oversight and his fund raising bandwidth which I have no idea if he’s got traction on those things.
it's pretty hard to disagree with any of this. and to the last paragraph he has under-performed on fundraising pre- and during covid. is it donor fatigue? who knows. like others have said, i can confirm he's pissing a lot of donors off and getting paid a million and a half per year to do so. looking like it is a vendetta as big frog said. maybe i should just shut up and head back to the pub here in boston.

JD could make a great athletic director one day, but right now, not with TCU. TCU needs to grow into the program that we expect it to be and hold itself to those standards.
those are key words. what since cdc left has shown growth. where have we exceeded expectations or even met them athletically. financially or on the fields or courts. we haven't.

Boomhauer

it's pretty hard to disagree with any of this. and to the last paragraph he has under-performed on fundraising pre- and during covid. is it donor fatigue? who knows. like others have said, i can confirm he's pissing a lot of donors off and getting paid a million and a half per year to do so. looking like it is a vendetta as big frog said. maybe i should just shut up and head back to the pub here in boston.

This isn’t our old friend Boston Frog is it?

Bob Sugar

Learned from a TCU faculty member today that the decision to not increase capacity is liberal faculty driven. Basically, they came kicking and screaming back for in-person. Now they threaten to go back to online if TCU opens up more than it already is.

HG73

If ADJD let Jamie get away he likely loses his job. Now that he kept Jamie some on here want him to lose his job.
Don't you all realize that since he got rid of Cumbie we're guaranteed a spot in the CFP?

Seriously, keeping/firing Jamie is not his decision. Everybody knows that call will be made by Joe Jamail.

Eight

Learned from a TCU faculty member today that the decision to not increase capacity is liberal faculty driven. Basically, they came kicking and screaming back for in-person. Now they threaten to go back to online if TCU opens up more than it already is.

how does the faculty threaten to go back to online?

ticketfrog123

faculty have zero weight in baseball capacity decisions.

TCU already announced Fall 2021 will be in person. Don’t buy this one bit

Bob Sugar

faculty have zero weight in baseball capacity decisions.

TCU already announced Fall 2021 will be in person. Don’t buy this one bit
Well they are not enforcing masks or distancing at the game. So my guess is the AD office probably has its hands tied on the capacity issue.

Froggish

If ADJD let Jamie get away he likely loses his job. Now that he kept Jamie some on here want him to lose his job.
Don't you all realize that since he got rid of Cumbie we're guaranteed a spot in the CFP?

Seriously, keeping/firing Jamie is not his decision. Everybody knows that call will be made by Joe Jamail.

Joe Jamail?