• The KillerFrogs

Fields arrested, misdemeanor assault

GP's Step-Son

Well, that's unfortunate.

Hopefully that's the last of the knuckleheads with BC and Devonte (assuming) is gone.

New slate, time to start fresh.

SnoSki

tumblr_mnyhrjHMAh1s9362xo1_400.gif

Currently still on the roster

HFrog12

Not saying I think he should be back.  He obviously has character issues but is an incredible talent.  I will say that GP's quote from the article seems to think it is not over for Fields. 

“My job is to protect the university,” Patterson has said. “… So we’ll see how the investigation goes, and then we’ll find out what they have to say.”

frognutz

So for the legal folks out there, if he would have had a gun would there have been an additional charge filed that wasn't?

LezzGetFroggy

frognutz said:
So for the legal folks out there, if he would have a gun would there have been an additional charge filed that wasn't?
No doubt. If you have a gun you don't get charged with a misdemeanor. Gun charges are automatically felonies (aggravated assault with a deadly weapon)

SnoSki

LezzGetFroggy said:
Attempted murder? The article says misdemeanor assault...

I'm not saying he attempted murder. I'm answering a question, saying that there are certain types of crimes where charges don't need to be pressed by the victim before the police arrest someone. An unrelated example might be attempted murder, I'm guessing.