• The KillerFrogs

Field is being painted

Trelvis

Am I missing something? Why are they painting the end zones? For flyover shots during Super Bowl week or something?

Trelvis

I can't view this at work. Can anyone provide a screenshot?

89768332.jpg

WhaleBurger

Have you played on field turf? While light years better then the old stuff it still can f your legs/knees/ankles up. Give me grass any day of the week

2314@work

Contributor
Have you played on field turf? While light years better then the old stuff it still can f your legs/knees/ankles up. Give me grass any day of the week

Sure, if it is like ACS. Pittsburgh's is not - more resembles a goat ranch. Not a surface equal to the quality of play on it. Championship games deserve better. There is no one who can rally argue with me on this one. And, Field Turf is prescription turf, meaning it has been tested and tested and tested and has proven far better than any surface in reducing injuries, including grass. Do a little research and quit your knee-jerk reaction.
Why in the F do you think most of America plays football (including Texas high schools) on Field Turf? HUH?????
You obviously have a misconception it's like that old, nasty Astroturf.

WhaleBurger

Sure, if it is like ACS. Pittsburgh's is not - more resembles a goat ranch. Not a surface equal to the quality of play on it. Championship games deserve better. There is no one who can rally argue with me on this one. And, Field Turf is prescription turf, meaning it has been tested and tested and tested and has proven far better than any surface in reducing injuries, including grass. Do a little research and quit your knee-jerk reaction.
Why in the F do you think most of America plays football (including Texas high schools) on Field Turf? HUH?????
You obviously have a misconception it's like that old, nasty Astroturf.
No it's an ankle jerk reaction because I really screwed it up on new style turf a few years ago. That and the way my knees and quads felt after playing on it.

Sure install turf in Pittsburgh. But to mandate it league wide? What about Tampa? I've always read that NFL players rate that as one of the best in the league.

And to answer the ? About high schools. I guess it's about $$$.

2314@work

Contributor
No it's an ankle jerk reaction because I really screwed it up on new style turf a few years ago. That and the way my knees and quads felt after playing on it.

Sure install turf in Pittsburgh. But to mandate it league wide? What about Tampa? I've always read that NFL players rate that as one of the best in the league.

And to answer the ? About high schools. I guess it's about $$.

Sorry about your injury - don't want to make light of that for sure. But are you sure it was exclusively because of the Field Turf (trademark)?
You are right about the $$$ concerning high schools.
No, mandate it only on fields like Pittsburgh that can't pass the quality test. My original thought on this matter came about 3 or so years ago when Cowboys had a December game on that field and it was in extremely poor shape - dangerously poor shape.

WhaleBurger

Sorry about your injury - don't want to make light of that for sure. But are you sure it was exclusively because of the Field Turf (trademark)?
You are right about the $$$ concerning high schools.
No, mandate it only on fields like Pittsburgh that can't pass the quality test. My original thought on this matter came about 3 or so years ago when Cowboys had a December game on that field and it was in extremely poor shape - dangerously poor shape.
Yes Pitt should have it. I'm not sure why they haven't installed it yet. With how many games are played there and the wonderful weather they have.

My ankle was the turf. Grass would have had more "give" and I would more the likely just fell over and looked like a clown. My cleats got caught in the turf and wouldnt release.