• The KillerFrogs

Excellent Write-Up From Reddit

Zubaz

Link

Dude put a lot of work in watching all 13 games last year and explains his methodology. I don't think there's anything most of us would disagree with, but a good read nonetheless.

monkeyfishfrog

Wow, excellent write up. I agree with the vast majority of it. As long as Doctson and Gray are healthy I have no qualms about the WR core, or the entire offense for that matter. I agree with his assessment of Tayo. Defensively I think we have concerns at all 3 levels, the combination of new DTs LBs and Safeties up the middle make me nervous about our ability to control that level of the field and I think the read option / dive option / play action over the middle could be our Achilles. I think Chucky Hunter was one of our MVPs the last two years. There's a lot of unknown but you've got to think Gary will get them ready. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of shoot outs against lesser teams based on our defensive inexperience though.

DaCrief

This must have taken a really really long time. These are excellent observations from a guy who doesn't follow the team like we do.

TCaliU

DaCrief said:
This must have taken a really really long time. These are excellent observations from a guy who doesn't follow the team like we do.
  • How long did this take? About two hours per game, sometimes more if there were a lot of interesting plays. Cutting out all the timeouts, halftime, commercials, garbage time, and other folderol really helps.
  • How much booze did you have to drink? According to my recycling bin, four bottles of Tito's and three jars of spicy pickled okra; the SO called them Horny Martinis, I'm sure because of the team I was watching.

Travis Trucks

From a Penn State fan:

Do you see Minnesota's big offensive line being able to control TCU's undersized defensive line and run the ball down their throats?

That is why I like Minnesota on Thursday - I don't think TCU will be able to handle a power run game. They only really face spread run games in the Big 12, they don't see a smash mouth run game very often and I am not sure if their small defensive line will be able to handle it.

lol

Shadow Dweller

Travis Trucks said:
From a Penn State fan:

lol
Either a TCU fan playing it up after the comment a few years ago and some last year, or someone that hasn't bothered to watch about any of our games...Funny either way.

Zubaz

I'm trying to think of a big back that wore us down, and the only one I can come up with is Leveon Bell.

CJ Spiller got his stats but it was on one big run. Ditto for Clay for OU in 2013. I guess you could say the last quarter of the Rose Bowl too, buuuut we won that one.

Am I missing anyone?

Latest posts