"Even a lion won't eat if it's not hungry"

HickoryFlameFrog

One wild pitch.

That was the difference today.

A lots of things could have gone their way, :unsure:
but they didn't. :biggrin: :tongue:

Great game for the Frogs. :excl:

ectofrog

The thing about this quote is it's just one more example of UT arrogance. It's all about them. If THEY had shown up to play, OBVIOUSLY they'd have beaten us. But they didn't come hungry and that's why they lost.

Couldn't POSSIBLY be that we were simply better than them today, could it Augie?

We were throwing a first-round draft pick and we're already a better hitting team. That 1st round draft pick fanned ELEVEN batters and gave up a grand total of three hits in almost eight innings. Meanwhile, the Frogs executed the Augie Garrido playbook (small-ball, sac bunts, sac flies) better than his own team did.

Why not just say "they came in here and beat us - they were the better team today. We'll be back tomorrow."

Same reason as everything else these jerk-offs do..."hey -- we're TEXAS...we have a RIGHT to win!"

Go stuff it down their throats tomorrow, Frogs. Leave no doubt...just beat 'em two games in a row on their field and shut these guys up.

Bob

QUOTE(oldfrat @ Jun 11 2010, 10:02 PM) [snapback]575485[/snapback]
Lions and eating? I thought Augie preferred fish/drinking metaphors.

They may not eat, but they'll sure go MEOWWW if you grab em by the balls and squeeze which is just what the Frogs did to the Horns today. Oh, I forgot, steers don't have balls.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 11 2010, 06:03 PM) [snapback]575555[/snapback]
Same reason as everything else these jerk-offs do..."hey -- we're TEXAS...we have a RIGHT to win!"

Isn't that a Rick James quote?
:ph34r:

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 11 2010, 06:03 PM) [snapback]575555[/snapback]
The thing about this quote is it's just one more example of UT arrogance. It's all about them. If THEY had shown up to play, OBVIOUSLY they'd have beaten us.
Why not just say "they came in here and beat us - they were the better team today. We'll be back tomorrow."

Go stuff it down their throats tomorrow, Frogs. Leave no doubt...just beat 'em two games in a row on their field and shut these guys up.

Yes, Sir! I want to kick their butts tomorrow! :biggrin:

Frogs1983

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 11 2010, 05:10 PM) [snapback]575496[/snapback]
Well, I guess I'm glad to be off base if this is true.. happy for us to knock of an all american pitcher!

Needs to work on his pitchout though! :biggrin:

ftwfrog

Somebody with UT baseball knowledge please tell me: Is Jungmann really that much better than Green?? Green was the Big 12 pitcher of the year. I've heard Jungmann is great, but I think we can still get our bats going.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 11 2010, 03:39 PM) [snapback]575436[/snapback]
<br />FROGS WIN as Augie sits his best starter in favor of a lesser SP.<br /><br /><b>Excellent</b> strategy when a HUGE goal in a 3 game series should be to win the first game.<br /><br /><br /><br />Augie Garrido, what a chump.<br />

Solid candidate for dousetastic post of the year. All american, 4th rd pick, Big 12 pitcher of the year and TEAM CAPTAIN! watch, listen, learn and then post!

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Jun 11 2010, 08:26 PM) [snapback]575645[/snapback]
Somebody with UT baseball knowledge please tell me: Is Jungmann really that much better than Green?? Green was the Big 12 pitcher of the year. I've heard Jungmann is great, but I think we can still get our bats going.

On talent alone, yes he's better, and it's not really that close. If Jungmann is on you're basically going to have to shut UT out to beat them. Green is the more consistent of the two at this point in time.

robbroyy

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 11 2010, 09:56 PM) [snapback]575704[/snapback]
On talent alone, yes he's better, and it's not really that close. If Jungmann is on you're basically going to have to shut UT out to beat them. Green is the more consistent of the two at this point in time.

Our guys faced Stephen Strasburg 3 times last year. I doubt Taylor Jungmann scares them. I don't know much about him but I do know he doesn't throw 100 mph and have a curve ball that drops 180 degrees.

Yesterday showed we can play with UT, now that the mental part has been broken down I expect us to go out there and take care of business.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I don't like Garrido, but he did pay TCU a compliment after game 1. In the post game interview he said this (paraphrased) about TCU being matched against Texas - Somebody up there (the NCAA) doesn't want both of us (TCU and TEXAS) to get to Omaha. I took this to mean that both teams should have hosted super regionals because they are the top 8 teams in the country and both deserve to be in Omaha.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(robbroyy @ Jun 12 2010, 11:53 AM) [snapback]576003[/snapback]
Our guys faced Stephen Strasburg 3 times last year. I doubt Taylor Jungmann scares them. I don't know much about him but I do know he doesn't throw 100 mph and have a curve ball that drops 180 degrees.

How many times did we beat him? Facing a guy and beating a guy a two different things completely. We faced Jungmann last year too, didn't help today.