• The KillerFrogs

ESPNU picks up BSU-Hawai’i

UnderToad

Forgive me if already posted, but ran across the following news item here

[font="georgia][size="2"]Five of BSU's next six games are slated to be broadcast on ESPN channels. Rumors have also confirmed that the worldwide leader in sports has picked up Boise State's next game on Nov. 6 when it hosts Hawai'i (6-2, 4-0 WAC). That game has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. MT and will be broadcast on ESPNU.[/size]

Hawai'i could be ranked when it comes to Boise if it defeats Idaho at home in Honolulu this weekend. That would be exactly what the Broncos want to keep their strength of schedule up to par with TCU and Utah.

The BSU-Hawai'i game will air at the same time as TCU-Utah, which can be seen on CBS College Sports.

[/font]

That gives us 7 ESPN games and a national ABC broadcast. Gonna miss ESPN contract..

Espn definitely gives you guys chances to be seen which is great, but you guys are also having to do it at a cost playing on every day of the week.

I have yet to have a problem seeing a single TCU game regardless of what city I may be traveling in. Yes it does take a bit more work finding a bar/restaurant having Direct TV willing to show the game, but it can be done.

Ie. I found a bar in Austin the week of UT v OU weekend that was showing the TCU v Colorado St game.

Let's face it everyone knows who Boise and TCU are at this point. Them watching you guys dominate some less than stellar teams from the WAC aside from Nevada/hawaii/fresno isn't going to make people think any higher of you the more times they see you on ESPN.

BABYFACE

That gives us 7 ESPN games and a national ABC broadcast. Gonna miss ESPN contract..

You won't miss those weekday games. Plus, TCU has been on National TV or will be this season 11-12 of their games.

Ian, it isn't a big of a loss as you think. CBS College Sports and Versus will talk your program up instead of ESPN talking it down.

BABYFACE

TCU VS Utah should be two top 10 teams squaring off, and I willing to bet that game is highly viewed. For the ESPN analysts who think it will be great game but will spew that if only people knew where to tune their TV to, CBS college sports is right there next to the ESPN stations. So that arguement doesn't wash.

jack the frog

You won't miss those weekday games. Plus, TCU has been on National TV or will be this season 11-12 of their games.

Ian, it isn't a big of a loss as you think. CBS College Sports and Versus will talk your program up instead of ESPN talking it down.

Yep, seems easier than ever to watch the Frogs on TV these days, plus you play on big boy day.

IanforHeisman

The problem with big boy day is everybody watches ESPN/ABC/CBS over the MWC channels.

Boise St is the only game on tonight, and will attract 1 million+ viewers. Something MWC channels don't come close too. I like weeknight games, it allows me to watch other games on Saturday. People always complain about them, but the same people always tune in.

jack the frog

The problem with big boy day is everybody watches ESPN/ABC/CBS over the MWC channels.

Boise St is the only game on tonight, and will attract 1 million+ viewers. Something MWC channels don't come close too. I like weeknight games, it allows me to watch other games on Saturday. People always complain about them, but the same people always tune in.

Not a problem for me, I will watch a TCU scrimmage over a Rangers game 7 World Series, no contest.
Do not care what others watch frankly.

Trelvis

Boise St is the only game on tonight, and will attract 1 million+ viewers.

There are also alot of people that dont realize there is a college game on tonight and you are competing against opening night of the NBA where the Heat, Celtics, and Lakers are in action.

I like weeknight games, it allows me to watch other games on Saturday.

Dont really get this line of thinking.

the same people always tune in.

Only people tuning in tonight are Boise fans and die hard college football fans. Would get way more casual fans on a Saturday.

Cougar/Frog

Even ESPN hack Cowherd was bagging on this game tonight on his radio show today (the hack still has Bama as his No. 1 team and Neb. as No. 5).

Let's see NBA or LaTech/Boise? Talk about a sacrificial lamb. It was either Boise State/LaTech or female billiards....

neo926

Weeknight games are terrible. If they weren't, they would have SEC teams playing in them instead of WAC and Sun Belt teams. I get Thursday nights, but playing games any other weeknight is a joke.

Froggy Style

This game is set at the same time as TCU's game to ensure voters can't watch both. Nobody should doubt ESPN's hand in matching TCU Boise last year to ensure we couldn't both start in the top 3.

AggieFrog

TCU VS Utah should be two top 10 teams squaring off, and I willing to bet that game is highly viewed. For the ESPN analysts who think it will be great game but will spew that if only people knew where to tune their TV to, CBS college sports is right there next to the ESPN stations. So that arguement doesn't wash.
CBS-CS doesn't have HD service, either (at least not on Verizon FIOS) which mean's it's not next to the ESPN HD stations.

Get Your Frogs Up

CBS-CS doesn't have HD service, either (at least not on Verizon FIOS) which mean's it's not next to the ESPN HD stations.

Uverse has CBS-CS in HD and it is next to the ESPN HD channels. I'm not sure if it's actual HD, but it does look better than the normal CBS-CS and is in the HD channel range with all of the other HD channels. I think it just depends on your provider.