• The KillerFrogs

ESPNDallas: TCU AD embraces 'imperfect system'

Trelvis

http://sports.espn.g...DALLASHeadlines

TCU AD embraces 'imperfect system'
"We're going to celebrate the fact that we won the Rose Bowl," Del Conte said Tuesday morning after TCU finished ahead of Oregon at No. 2 in the final polls. "But until they get a system that is going to be absolutely perfect so they can figure out a way to determine those things, we need to celebrate the system we currently have right now.

"I'm not going to go through my time with an asterisk: could have, should have, but ... No. We're Rose Bowl champions."

Prior to Monday's championship game, TCU coach Gary Patterson reiterated his stance that he's content to live by the current system: "I still feel the same way about that."

TCUExaminer

Contributor
"TCU received three No. 1 votes in the AP poll and one in the coaches' poll. It is the program's highest finish in the AP poll since it last went undefeated and claimed the school's lone national championship in 1938."

Care to try that again?

Pharm Frog

I wholeheartedly agree with the vast majority of comments I've read and heard from CDC and others in Frog athletic leadership, but I just can't get on board with this phrase:

"But until they get a system that is going to be absolutely perfect....."

First, has anyone ever seen or heard of a system that's absolutely perfect in competitive athletics (or anything else for that matter)? Even complete round-robin formats have certain potential imperfections based on the order of the contests. Secondly, what ever happened to embracing progress? Progress is not perfection, only improvement over the status quo. One can certainly debate the extent of progress required to implement change over current systems, but perfection is an unattainable standard. I get the need to do nothing to diminish the importance of the RB accomplishment, but this is too hyperbolic for my taste.

Endless Purple

Reading the comments really shows how many insecure and spitful (not to mention unintelligent) fans there are out there representing some of the establishment schools.