• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Top 10 Quarterback Competitions in 2011

Froggle Rock

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=feldman_bruce&id=6128301

Don't write off the Horned Frogs just because they're losing a bunch of starters. Andy Dalton had a terrific career in Fort Worth, but Gary Patterson's replacement options boast some impressive credentials of their own. Of the two, the 6-foot-4, 208-pound Pachall has better size, and the 6-foot, 185-pound Brown better speed, but both passers have good arms and good wheels.

talor

Paging TCUManiac. Paging TCUManiac.

Go find out Matt Brown's measurables and report back to us. We all know that freshman year is not about academics, so this should be a good project for you.

asleep003

Their was a post a week or 2 ago that said Brown had grown a couple of inches this past year. He came in at 6'1" 185. A visual would be great for confirmation

There were several times during the year when Brown would be standing next to Dalton and AD didn't look much taller than Brown, if at all. Don't think his height will be an issue.

frogbyproxy

This is a Feisty or Gunner question. Is Brown like other QB’s of the past in particular Casey Printers? Printers was [ James'd ] and ready even on the run but he always worried me how he carried and because of that he fumbled quite a few times. Many times on the run printer threw it almost side armed if I remember correctly. Brown is faster than printers but I just worry about the have gun will travel types who carry the ball out away from the body.

EEFrog

If Brown really is faster than Pachall, color me impressed. Last year during the spring game, Pachall ran a zone read and got touched by a hand on the thigh as he was running past the line. He was 30 yards downfield before anyone knew the whistle had blown, and was likely to go all the way. The kid's got wheels.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Brown is #10:

61530_162181373799207_100000220358922_585918_7262065_n.jpg

59223_162180093799335_100000220358922_585900_6872104_n.jpg

Gunner

Saw a picture taken during Rose workouts. It showed Brown being as tall as Dalton, almost. Someone mentioned on PM that we got lucky and he had grown a couple inches since he arrived. Will check further during the spring. Brown has a bunch of real tall people in his family. He's a dang good QB whatever..

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Saw a picture taken during Rose workouts. It showed Brown being as tall as Dalton, almost. Someone mentioned on PM that we got lucky and he had grown a couple inches since he arrived. Will check further during the spring. Brown has a bunch of real tall people in his family. He's a dang good QB whatever..

He is not as tall as Dalton.