• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman out of hospital, expected back Thursday

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman out of hospital, expected back Thursday

Sam Khan Jr.
ESPN Staff Writer

Texas Tech quarterback Alan Bowman has been released from the hospital and is expected to rejoin the Red Raiders on Thursday, coach Kliff Kingsbury announced Wednesday.

Bowman, who started Texas Tech's three wins this season, sustained a partially collapsed lung after being sandwiched by two defenders in the first half of a 42-34 loss to West Virginia on Saturday. Bowman was admitted to Covenant Medical Center in Lubbock, Texas, after he left the game, where he remained for observation.

"Alan Bowman was released from Covenant Medical Center earlier this afternoon and will rejoin our team activities tomorrow [Thursday]," Kingsbury said in a statement.

Read more at http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/colleg...wman-texas-tech-released-hospital-rejoin-team

McFroggin

So there’s a chance he plays next week? I guess a collapsed lung is less severe than it sounds.

There are multiple ways to sustain a pneumothorax (collapsed lung). Depending on the type and severity, it can be fatal or something you can basically walk off.

Moose Stuff

There are multiple ways to sustain a pneumothorax (collapsed lung). Depending on the type and severity, it can be fatal or something you can basically walk off.

I just assumed that something that puts you in the hospital for 5 days doesn’t allow you to resume practicing on the 6th day. Glad he’s OK!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
If it was from a broken rib, I doubt he could play again this quickly. Either way, there has to be some bruising of the lung tissue, which would limit his pulmonary reserves...won't be 100%.

Latest posts