• The KillerFrogs

ESPN-TEXAS CONTRACT FOR LONGHORN NETWORK

TCUFrogs

This from an article today on ESPN recruiting top programs:

TEXAS
"A recruiting machine. And what's not to love? The Longhorns run the Big 12. They've got a TV network, a great football environment, a winning tradition and an abundance of talent near Austin. It's almost unfair, and most at UT would have it no other way."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/6843691/florida-gators-texas-longhorns-programs-just-it

The "Longhorns run the Big 12" comment from this ESPN writer is correct.

mtmedlin

The Big East would invite Texas Tech along with any other B12 teams, other then Baylor and Iowa St. Last time around when the Big East was looking to pick up some leftovers, they only talked to Kansas, K st and Missou but that was when Ok St and Tech were in the mix to go to the Pac12. Baylor and Iowa St were out in the cold.
I personally would love to get Tech, OSU, Missou and Kansas. Let Iowa St, Kansas St and Baylor team up with Houston, SMU and Tulsa to be the cornerstone of a new conference. Add in Air Force, Boise St, and Nevada and you have a conference that is better then the MWC. Maybe add in SDSU, Hawaii as a football only and attempt to lure back in BYU. I think it would have a shot at AQ and would be better then the MWC.
If the B12 does die...Baylor is SO screwed. I dont see ANY analyst that has them going anywhere decent.

roddog

Banned
The Big East would invite Texas Tech along with any other B12 teams, other then Baylor and Iowa St. Last time around when the Big East was looking to pick up some leftovers, they only talked to Kansas, K st and Missou but that was when Ok St and Tech were in the mix to go to the Pac12. Baylor and Iowa St were out in the cold.
I personally would love to get Tech, OSU, Missou and Kansas. Let Iowa St, Kansas St and Baylor team up with Houston, SMU and Tulsa to be the cornerstone of a new conference. Add in Air Force, Boise St, and Nevada and you have a conference that is better then the MWC. Maybe add in SDSU, Hawaii as a football only and attempt to lure back in BYU. I think it would have a shot at AQ and would be better then the MWC.
If the B12 does die...Baylor is SO screwed. I dont see ANY analyst that has them going anywhere decent.

are other people in florida as clueless about football as you seem to be?

Endless Purple

This is complete garbage. How is this legal? They are gaining a superior edge over all NCAA schools in recruiting and exposure. Once again ESPN is ruining college athletics (even though we all know this is mostly for football). Why has the NCAA been virtually silent about this matter?
Maybe they are waiting until UT actually shows a recruit on the channel, then nail them with violations. Why give them a warning...