• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: TCU succeeds as Fort Worth's team

angelo's frog

Very nice article. I think we are right on track in marketing. Except for TCU grads, we are not getting anyone from Collin County or Dallas County to come to our games. Marketing to TCU grads and casual fans in Tarrant County along with Parker, Wise and Johnson counties is the way to go. Those four counties constitute a market of over 2 million people. If we can be the team of the West-O-Plex as 95.9 calls it, we'll be just fine.

froginaustin

The people in Fort Worth that make their livings off the city's regional and national stature-- the convention hotels, the stockyards merchants, etc.,-- are going to be very fond of the Big East Conference and the product separation that they will get in the media from competing establishments in Dallas and elsewhere in the metromess.

BABYFACE

Tarrant, Parker, Wise and Johnson counties make sense to spend your dollars there with the big emphasis in Tarrant. No need to waste money in the Dallas market for a minimal return.

jake102

If you go to Espn.com and scroll over "NCAA FB" it comes up with the picture of Amon Carter and FW in the background with the story under it. That's a really awesome picture... does anyone know where you can find a larger version of that picture?

HG73

I've said it before and I'll say it again, put FW on our helmets. Something small like the Fresno V or Iowa's ANF. Something that would get the Tv audience's attention, wondering "What is that, what does it mean?" Then the announcer could explain "That's their home town, Fort Worth-they want everyone to know where they're from" or something like that. Great western heritage, great modern city. If we want Fort Worth to get behind us, we need to put Fort Worth somewhere on our uniforms. Either that, or maybe a D with a red line through it.:biggrin:

froginaustin

I've said it before and I'll say it again, put FW on our helmets. Something small like the Fresno V or Iowa's ANF. Something that would get the Tv audience's attention, wondering "What is that, what does it mean?" Then the announcer could explain "That's their home town, Fort Worth-they want everyone to know where they're from" or something like that. Great western heritage, great modern city. If we want Fort Worth to get behind us, we need to put Fort Worth somewhere on our uniforms. Either that, or maybe a D with a red line through it.:biggrin:
How about the City of Fort Worth's longhorn logo? :eek:hmy:

That'd get the talking heads going, particularly those that don't realize the city uses that logo, and that it has nothing to do with UTx.

Latest posts