• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: TCU coach Raegan Pebley to step down at end of season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU coach Raegan Pebley to step down at end of season

Alexa Philippou
ESPN

i

TCU women's basketball coach Raegan Pebley will step down at the end of this season, the school said Monday.

The Horned Frogs are 7-20 overall and 1-15 in the Big 12 with two games remaining in their regular-season slate.

"TCU has my heart. This school, this city and most of all the people have been so special to my family and I. I believe in the potential of our women's basketball program and [athletic director] Jeremiah Donati's leadership. Today I met with Jeremiah and shared with him that I think it is time for a change," Pebley said in a statement provided by the school. "While this is hard, the new landscape of college athletics and recruiting make this the right time for this announcement so TCU can make a hire this program and these women deserve."

Read more at https://www.espn.com/womens-college...50225/tcu-coach-raegan-pebley-step-end-season

Horny 4 Life

I got to spend a good bit of time hanging out with Coach Pebley during the trip to Boulder in September. She is a fantastic human being and exactly the kind of person I would want my daughter to learn from. I wish it would have worked out for her here at TCU and I wish her the best of luck on her next stop.

helcap

Not like she never had success here. Had three straight 20+ win seasons 2018-2020, indeed in 2020 was 22-7, 13-5 in Conference. Program then went off a cliff. Wonder what happened ?

The June 2020 surgery does coincide with the worst three years of her 20 year head coaching career, following the surgery. Was there a lapse in recruiting, or did players transfer out?

Her only other three-year conference losing skid was 2005-08 at Utah State, and she rebounded from that and had 10-6 and 11-3 conference records in her final two years there before moving to Fresno State for two years, posting 13-3 and 13-5 records prior to TCU.
BD1BEDD3-C98D-4084-96E6-90847851E1B8.jpeg

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

Not like she never had success here. Had three straight 20+ win seasons 2018-2020, indeed in 2020 was 22-7, 13-5 in Conference. Program then went off a cliff. Wonder what happened ?
Best wishes to Coach Pebley and I hope your future successes dwarf your good run at TCU.

This woman "has" a 100% Frog Factor review in my book.

I hope that our University can continue to derive the benefit of her everything - maybe kick her up into University Administration???

Spike

Not much of a bball fan but she would speak at some of the KFC lunches. Seemed like a great person. Everyone speaks highly of her. Hate that she struggled here. Wishing her the best wherever she goes (except when they play the Frogs).

Eight

Best wishes to Coach Pebley and I hope your future successes dwarf your good run at TCU.

This woman "has" a 100% Frog Factor review in my book.

I hope that our University can continue to derive the benefit of her everything - maybe kick her up into University Administration???

you sure we want to chance having mediocre administration?

Virginia Frog

you sure we want to chance having mediocre administration?
People like RP would be a great representative for TCU. Maybe she has an unbelievable skill-set that is not apparent in coaching. Her resume is pretty lofty in my book. I'm so sorry that her TCU career ends this way.

Remember that the great Babe Ruth had 1,330 strikeouts vs. 715 HRs. Consider, from the film "Some Like It Hot", comes the final line from actor Joe E Brown: "nobody's perfect!":D

Eight

People like RP would be a great representative for TCU. Maybe she has an unbelievable skill-set that is not apparent in coaching. Her resume is pretty lofty in my book. I'm so sorry that her TCU career ends this way.

Remember that the great Babe Ruth had 1,330 strikeouts vs. 715 HRs. Consider, from the film "Some Like It Hot", comes the final line from actor Joe E Brown: "nobody's perfect!":D

very true, my comments were directed at frogfan12345 not raegan