• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: QB change gives Oklahoma State a spark

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ESPN: QB change gives Oklahoma State a spark

By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com

STILLWATER, Okla. -- Asked about Oklahoma State’s quarterback situation, offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich said it best.

“I think it comes to a certain point where you have to make a decision,” Yurcich said. “I don’t know that it was [specifically] this or that. It was just time, I guess.”

Cowboys quarterback Clint Chelf’s time came Saturday. The senior replaced starter J.W. Walsh in the second quarter and helped spur No. 21 Oklahoma State to a 24-10 victory over TCU at Boone Pickens Stadium.

Was Chelf dominant? No. But he was effective. The Enid, Okla., native entered the game and promptly threw an interception. Yet the Cowboys had scoring opportunities on their next five possessions -- thanks in part to two TCU turnovers -- with a field goal, touchdown, turnover on downs in TCU’s red zone and back-to-back missed field goals before halftime.

“We felt like we needed a spark, so we made a change,” OSU coach Mike Gundy said. “Clint gave us some advantages in attacking their defense. Overall, I thought he managed the game well.” ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/74301/qb-change-spurs-osu-to-win