• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: LSU prepares for Cameron's debut as OC

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ESPN: LSU prepares for Cameron's debut as OC

By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com

When Cam Cameron takes the field alongside Les Miles on Saturday, he will become the fourth offensive coordinator to work under Miles during his nine-year tenure as LSU's head coach.

But Cameron won’t be a new face. In fact, he and Miles have worked together before, and the two remain friends even after their coaching careers went in different directions.
“I’m much more attuned to who he is as a person,” Miles said. “I’ve been with him. I spent decades with him, trailing him and as close friends. His family and our family are, again, closely associated.

“I think there’s a professional relationship, one that speaks to a level of responsibility, but there’s a personal piece that just kind of allows you to know the things that you would expect of him, over years, will certainly happen, and the things that he would expect of me, over years, would certainly happen. I think there’s a trust factor.”

Both men started their coaching careers at the University of Michigan as graduate assistants under legendary coach Bo Schembechler, Miles in 1980 and Cameron in 1983. The two didn’t actually work together until Miles returned to Michigan in 1987 as the offensive line coach. ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/68702/lsu-prepares-for-camerons-debut-as-oc