• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Gameday this week in Austin

I think Texas would be easier to beat if they had lost to Kansas State—the dejection and downward spiral of another disappointing season for them versus now having the enthusiasm of being able to win the conference and bail out their season.

Secondly, even if Frogs win, they now may have to play Texas or Baylor a second time in the conference championship game—I don't like the thought of having to beat either of them twice near the end of the year. Kansas State is preferable.

Froggy Bottom

Poster on the other board says sending Game Day to Austin is part of the conspiracy to make it harder for us to win so the SEC can get 3 teams in the playoff. And he was serious.
While maybe not this, let’s not kid ourselves. The CFB establishment does NOT want us in the playoffs. They want Georgia, Ohio State, SEC #2 and USC and will stack the deck as much as possible to get this outcome

Our only upside is the B12 knows it’s us or nobody for the conference as far as the playoff so they have reason to give us the homecooking particularly against the traitor horns

Eight

I think Texas would be easier to beat if they had lost to Kansas State—the dejection and downward spiral of another disappointing season for them versus now having the enthusiasm of being able to win the conference and bail out their season.

Secondly, even if Frogs win, they now may have to play Texas or Baylor a second time in the conference championship game—I don't like the thought of having to beat either of them twice near the end of the year. Kansas State is preferable.

texas, baylor, and kstate all three have two losses

frogs beat texas and kstates beats baylor and i suspect the frogs and kstate will be playing in the the title game as they have the easiest final three games of the 2 loss teams

both texas and baylor face tcu and then play each other.

Eight

While maybe not this, let’s not kid ourselves. The CFB establishment does NOT want us in the playoffs. They want Georgia, Ohio State, SEC #2 and USC and will stack the deck as much as possible to get this outcome

Our only upside is the B12 knows it’s us or nobody for the conference as far as the playoff so they have reason to give us the homecooking particularly against the traitor horns

usc?

frogs9497

Semi-capable for sure.

I believe it was the 4th quarter when a Tech player very clearly didn't catch a pass. It wasn't that they were bobbling and then dropped it or had it knocked out late. He literally never had the ball in his hands at any point. And yet somehow the nearest official comes running in to mark the ball while giving the catch signal. It has to be overruled by someone running in from the other side of the field.

That play obviously ended up being called correctly and didn't impact anything but it sure makes you wonder when they miss clear as day things like that what else they're missing. Just a totally inexcusable mistake.

I remember watching that throw go OB, looking away, then seeing the sideline ref waiving his arms and marking the spot. WTH?

kodiak

I expect a lot of scoring. I will take our chances on kickoff returns. KS had o few returns. I would rather beat tem 49-0. What is the O/U?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Now all this makes sense. The sec told texas that if they beat Bama that they would revoke their membership. How else do you explain Sark's " we just ran out of time" [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]?

Now espn is probably telling texas that if they beat us and knock us out of the CFP discussion that they'll pay texas' exit fees so that they can join the sec next year. We'll bring you GameDay and pay your exit fees but you HAVE to beat TCU!

Hey @BrewingFrog, do you have another tinfoil hat I can have?
I usually go for the Reynolds 'Heavy Duty' aluminum foil. It's got some weight to it, but not so much your neck doesn't get tired, and the stiffness allows you to make nice horns and antennae in addition to making a great Faraday Cage for your noggin.

dawg

I’m sure there won’t be an announcement on CJs status other than “questionable,” and I wonder if that affected the line.

Creeperfrog

I saw an earlier post that Patterson would be the guest picker. That can't be serious, right? Thats a joke, right? I'm too gullible and naive, but if thats for real... I'll flip out