• The KillerFrogs

ESPN:Fiesta Bowl fined $1M, stays in BCS

713frog

Associated Press
WASHINGTON -- The Fiesta Bowl will be allowed to remain part of the Bowl Championship Series, though it must pay a $1 million fine for apparent illegal campaign contributions and inappropriate spending.

The BCS presidential oversight committee, which made the decision Wednesday, also attached several other conditions as it let the Fiesta Bowl remain part of the system for deciding college football's national champion. They included steps to strengthen the Fiesta Bowl's board along with greater supervision of executives to make sure the problems are not repeated, according to materials obtained by The Associated Press.

ESPN

fdub

if that's not the biggest joke since those Slohio State players got to play in the Sugar Bowl before their suspensions kicked in, I don't know what is.

NORMLFROG

Hey Rick Baker...so sorry that you still run a second tier bowl. Bet you thought that you could slither in and try to get a seat at the big boy table. Can't wait to be treated to more Oklahoma State v. Ole Miss.

NF

Screaming Flea

Norml ol boy.... I love your word slither. If that doesn't describe college football this day and age.

Wonder what the BCS bowl Presidents told that magnificent collection of coach's on the infractions committee. ??

...."listen here you idiots, you want to be selected in future bowls, you'll do as we say or else.".....

mtmedlin

I didnt expect much...but this is even lower then I thought they would get. I was truly hoping the Cotton Bowl would take its place..

HoustonHornedFrog

So much for the Cotton Bowl at Jerry World stepping into the Fiesta Bowl spot in the BCS. But really anyone who thought they would get more than a slap on the wrist (and $1 million considering what they are bringing in is a slap on the wrist) go ahead and stand up... anyone? didn't think so.

MTfrog5

Correct me if I'm wrong, since UConn had to pay back over a million dollars to the Bowl they are pretty much not taking a hit at all.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Story online says the fine will benefit Arizona youth so hopefully there will be accountability that the fine will be paid and it goes to charity. So I guess the Fiesta goes up $10 on ticket prices or gets a corporate sponsor to make it up. They won't be out that money for long.

Stiff Arm Frog

Slow_Clap_RE_ITS_A_GIF_PARTY-s420x315-140048.gif