• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Despite Boise's loss, non-AQs belong

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ESPN: Despite Boise's loss, non-AQs belong

By Gene Wojciechowski
ESPN.com

RENO, Nev. -- Maybe you saw the fireball over the Sierra Mountains. If you were on the East Coast, it happened at about 1:52 a.m. on Saturday and in full view of the locals and whomever else stayed up to watch Nevada At Night on ESPN.

We can now confirm that the flames came from Boise State's heat tiles as the Broncos re-entered the earth's atmosphere. Parachutes did not deploy on the BSU capsule.

Boise's BCS championship hopes, its undefeated season, its No. 4 ranking and its 24-game win streak are now scattered across Nevada's Mackay Stadium. It can pretty much forget about a Big Four bowl too.

What happened in Reno isn't going to stay in Reno. The Broncos' 34-31 overtime loss to the 19th-ranked Wolf Pack is already being felt on BCS seismic readings. One moment a national title contender, the next moment a BCS has-been.

"We're all distraught right now," said Boise safety George Iloka. ...

JogginFrog

It's a good article, but do yourself a favor and skip the comments. Never seen a bigger load of see-only-what-you-want-to-see from those with AQ blinders.

ifrog

My take on it is ESPN keeps tying us to Boise and is portraying us as the team who now gets a shot. We we're freaking ranked ahead of Boise. Now they are saying the Nevadas and TCU's of the world? Why not just say TCU was ALREADY positioned?

An-Cap Frog

An obvious attempt to cover what he really believes which is that they don't...now that BSU has 1-loss he claim that if they were unbeaten they would have had a chance at the NC without having to force the issue...

FROGDADDY

It's a good article, but do yourself a favor and skip the comments. Never seen a bigger load of see-only-what-you-want-to-see from those with AQ blinders.

It's indeed a good article. And I often read the comments but I rarely get worked up about them. No disrespect to anybody on here (well perhaps SOME disrespect) but it's a fan forum on the internet for crying out loud, it's a breeding ground for idiots.

Dogfrog

My take on it is ESPN keeps tying us to Boise and is portraying us as the team who now gets a shot. We we're freaking ranked ahead of Boise. Now they are saying the Nevadas and TCU's of the world? Why not just say TCU was ALREADY positioned?

The BCS obviously wants to tie us together in an effort to "combine and conquer". Talking TCU vs. Boise deflects any serious conversation of TCU vs. Oregon or Auburn. It will be very interesting to me to see where the voters go with this. Where will the #1 votes Boise has received go? Are these generally non AQ supporters who could move those votes to TCU? Maybe not, but it will be interesting to see.