• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Dan Beebe - I pushed equal Big 12 deal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ESPN: Dan Beebe - I pushed equal Big 12 deal

By Andy Katz
ESPN.com

One of the first items on the Big 12's agenda after ousting Dan Beebe as commissioner was agreeing to equally share revenue from the conference's major TV rights, a Pac-12 and Big Ten-like deal supplanting one that had rewarded schools based on appearances. ...

... Beebe said TCU's elevation to the Big 12 was a direct correlation to the departure of Texas A&M. He said there had always been a feeling within the Big 12 that there should be four schools in the state of Texas to allow for three other football games (Baylor, Texas Tech and Texas are the other Big 12 schools in the state) and at least six basketball.

"It was always important to keep four institutions in the state of Texas for recruiting purposes and with so many alumni in the state,'' Beebe said.

The Big 12 office is in Dallas.

"TCU deserves a lot of credit," Beebe said. "They didn't just sit there. They built very good sports that play at a high level.''

Beebe said TCU wasn't in play for expansion a year ago when Nebraska and Colorado left because "losing a Texas school wasn't part of that.'' ...

HToady

Yeah well, eat it!

Soon to be "color" announcer on Big 12 games......
laugh.gif

Cougar/Frog

Poor Dan....he rose by the Peter Principle to his highest level of incompetence..... I am still deciding which is the worse commissioner --- King Karl, Dan the Man, or Mr. Big East.....

Scarface

Poor Dan....he rose by the Peter Principle to his highest level of incompetence..... I am still deciding which is the worse commissioner --- King Karl, Dan the Man, or Mr. Big East.....

It's not even close. Dan Beebe is a complete dumb arse. At least Benson is a survivor.

I still like Marinatto and I like the future of the Big East better than most people do. The service academies could help that conference make a lot of money.

I can't believe that Beebe admitted that TCU wasn't in play until A&M left. TCU and BYU should have been picked up as soon as CU and NU bolted. Everything said about Beebe being a tool seems more true than ever.

Go Frogs!

Valmy77

Dan Beebe: I'm Deloss' [Rod Gilmore]

Well Beebe wasn't the guy we wanted...who was it? I cannot really remember. Started with an 'S' I think.

If Beebe decided to follow the orders of a school who voted against him that is just more proof of his worthlessness as Commish.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
...And the whitewashing of ESPN continues apace.

The thoroughly incompetent Beebe gets to grind on some favorite axes in this, but by far the most egregoious lie in this continuing narrative is the insistence that "the Longhorn Network didn't have anything to do withh the breakup..." What utter baloney!

Add to this the revelations that ESPN was indeed behind the breakup of the Big East after all, and it becomes clear that they are simply an embodiment of everything that is wrong in College Sport.

ESPN blows goats.