• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Bowl Projections

MountainWestFrog

I know these change every second, but really like todays two choices. Michigan State in the Rose Bowl or Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. Much prefer the NC, but those are not bad either.

SnoSki

Any BCS bowl is a fine result. Title is preferred, but another BCS bowl beats the heck out of playing in San Diego or Houston again.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
must win a BCS game against an elite team this year, lots on the line whether its NC game or just a BCS bowl

TCUdirtbag

I seriously doubt a shot at the NC with Boise in the way. I think the voters will push them to #2 over us if they have to and the NC will be Boise v. Oregon.
With that in mind:I want Ohio St in the Rose or Auburn in the Sugar. Definitely not Michigan State, the ACC champ, or the Big East champ.

SteinerTCU

Coolest guy ... ever
If you told me a year ago that we may have to settle for a BCS bowl instead of the MNC if we win out, I would have told you that you are dreaming. My how far we have come.

Virginia Frog

I seriously doubt a shot at the NC with Boise in the way. I think the voters will push them to #2 over us if they have to and the NC will be Boise v. Oregon.
We lost the 2010 national championship in 2010 - Fiesta Bowl 2010 - by losing to an "inferior" Boise squad.
Thanks "O" Coordinators and your lousy play calling. (someone's head should have rolled then!)

jadailyTCU

If you told me a year ago that we may have to settle for a BCS bowl instead of the MNC if we win out, I would have told you that you are dreaming. My how far we have come.

I'm still not at all sure that we won't have to settle for Vegas even if we win out. I just don't trust 'em!

JogginFrog

Yeah, College Football News is predicting MAACO Las Vegas Bowl for the Frogs (with Utah going to Sugar and Boise to the NC game).

Stewart Mandel is also projecting Boise to the NC game and Utah to a BCS bowl (Fiesta). However, in that column he wrote what may be the best analysis of the real comparative strength of the top teams -- which has nothing to do with schedule.

His take:

...do you really trust Oklahoma to run the table the rest of the way? I don't, for much the same reason I don't trust Oregon or No. 4 Auburn: the lack of an elite defense. As riveting as it was to watch the Ducks storm back to beat Stanford 52-31 and the Tigers put away Arkansas 65-43, national-championship teams don't give up 28 points per game in conference play like Oregon, or let Arkansas' backup quarterback complete 15 of his first 17 passes like Auburn. (I'm not writing off Oklahoma yet, but the Sooners rank 72nd in total defense.)

As Texas reminded us so vividly Saturday against the previously splashy Huskers, even the most dangerous offense can be tempered by a dominant defense. Thus, amid this budding season of chaos, it may be time to start embracing the steady hand. And as much as fans of the bluebloods refuse to hear it, the BCS' current No. 3 team, Boise State, may actually be worthy of No. 1.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/10/17/bcs-standings-boise-state/index.html#ixzz12i5ejTDZ

This is where Boise and the Frogs and the Utes have gotten it done (at a point in the season where SOS isn't yet so disparate). Frogs are #1 in Points Allowed, #2 in Total Defense. Boise is #3 and #1, Utah #9 and #7. What Mandel points out that most other pundits seem unwilling to recognize is that a great defense means that you will probably be in the game against any opponent -- and that a great offense and an average defense equals Road Loss at Some Point.

pcf

Any BCS bowl is a fine result. Title is preferred, but another BCS bowl beats the heck out of playing in San Diego or Houston again.

Why not treat the Utah game as your bowl game and buy tickets from the Ute fans? It is very possible that Utah may be the best opponent we face in the best football environment, no matter who we play, when or where in the bowl season.

BCS tickets are about $200 bucks I imagine you could pry some seats loose from Utes for less than that. Get some tickets, get to Utah, give the Frogs a crowd.

We really need to take one from them at their place and keep the crown.