• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Big 12 top evaluations: Aviante Collins exceeds at TCU

lakefrog

It was a good post on Collins. Hopefully he will be able to get worked hard by Somers and our strength program.

This. I think Avainte was more than a little overwhelmed last year and a lot of the penalties came as a result of compensating for not being strong enough. An off season with Sommers should pay huge dividends.

I was impressed with Collins. He played a position as a true freshman that ideally you'd have a RS JR or SR playing. I know that there were some frustrating penalties but I like it that he plays with a natural mean streak. There's a good chance that in a couple of years, people are going to be talking about him as an elite player.

HG73

Offensive linemen normally take longer to develop and must play as a team more than other positions. This OL should be vastly improved this year, just from being a year older and playing together. I bet Collins takes a big step up this year, can't wait for fall.

Ron Swanson

Besides QB, OL is probably the toughest position for a freshman to play. Not only because of the physical limitations of being 18-19 years old, but there is SO MUCH to learn and so much going on.

There's a reason OL and QBs are the smartest guys on the team most of the time, it's very complicated.

The false starts are probably because he's still learning the playbook, and when walking up to the line of scrimmage, he's concentrating so hard on what he's supposed to do, that he forgets the snap count and jumps a little early

Limp Lizard

All I know is that GP several times mentioned Collins as someone with great potential.

With getting older and with the strength program, he should improve immensely.

jake102

Collins will be a 1st rounder in two or three years, just hoping he can play like a 3rd rounder next year.

OL will dictate next year's ceiling