• The KillerFrogs

ESPN B12 Chat - Jake Trotter

rifram09

Going on right now:  http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/48975

Calls TCU a mercurial team.  Can't say I blame him.  In fact, I'd say that is about the best way to describe us.  If he was being negative, he'd just say we stink and move on.  He says he thinks we'll get it figured out offensively, but that we probably go 8-4/7-5 on the high end.  Again, hard to disagree.  That would mean we go 7-2/6-1 to finish the season.  That would require figuring out our offense real quick. 

Boy, this new B12 blogger is really drooling all over Baylor.  He's sold.  He doesn't care that they've played nobody, he just thinks they're stacked.  Says the offense is elite and the defense is pretty decent.

Also, it seems OSU is quietly sitting atop the B12 without much press.  Everybody wants to brag on Baylor, but I think OSU is the only team in the B12 that has a shot to run the table.  If I was an OSU fan, I would definitely be licking my chops.  If they can get past OU, who do they have to beat?  Baylor?  TCU? Tech?  I would feel good right now if I were them.

Portland Frog

If the frogs don't come out with a fire in their belly and play aggressive, inspired football against SMU from the opening kickoff, it may be time to join Boston Frog on the ledge.

Amber (oklahoma)

Whats the deal with Ben Grogan? Only 2 field goal attempts in the first 3 games..is that a sign Gundy doesnt trust him or just that OSU was having such good luck getting into the endzone?

Jake Trotter
  (12:04 PM)

OSU has converted 15 red zone opps into TDs. That's why Grogan has only 2 FG attempts.

the dumb are getting dumber in Oky

Moose Stuff

I'll say this about Baylor....If we had done the exact same thing against the exact same schedule this board would be full of people saying we were gonna win the national championship. We'll find out how good they are in November, but anyone who can't admit that through three weeks they are at the very least one of the two most impressive teams in this conference isn't paying attention.

BillupsFrog

Seems like every year Baylor destroys some FCS schools in the first 4 weeks and convinces these knee jerk journalists to anoint Baylor as World Beaters.

When will the media, and fans for that matter, realize that it's too early at week 4 for certain about the state of a college football team?

sheetman

Moose Stuff said:
I'll say this about Baylor....If we had done the exact same thing against the exact same schedule this board would be full of people saying we were gonna win the national championship. We'll find out how good they are in November, but anyone who can't admit that through three weeks they are at the very least one of the two most impressive teams in this conference isn't paying attention.
Their offense is designed to put up video game numbers against athletically inferior teams

Not saying better teams will shut them out but it won't be so easy when they face secondaries who have athletes that can cover their wide outs

rifram09

Ya, I think you've got to give Baylor props. Whether they are B12 champs this year or not, the rise of Baylor football is apparent. They were worse than Iowa State for years. Over the last 5 years they have steadily improved and are now at least as strong of a program as we are. They focus on offense, we focus on defense. Right now, they're clicking on all cylinders. We were at that point in 2009-2010. We've slipped since. We're still young. If we get our offense put together throughout this season and over the offseason, next year's schedule can set us up for a big year. We just needto get bowl eligible + 1 or 2 wins and get to next year.

cdsfrog

Rifram09 said:
Ya, I think you've got to give Baylor props. Whether they are B12 champs this year or not, the rise of Baylor football is apparent. They were worse than Iowa State for years. Over the last 5 years they have steadily improved and are now at least as strong of a program as we are. They focus on offense, we focus on defense. Right now, they're clicking on all cylinders. We were at that point in 2009-2010. We've slipped since. We're still young. If we get our offense put together throughout this season and over the offseason, next year's schedule can set us up for a big year. We just needto get bowl eligible + 1 or 2 wins and get to next year.

Hoping we get to at least 8-4. At least that way the season is an improvement. Not the level of improvement we expected but a positive nonetheless

rifram09

cdsfrog said:

Hoping we get to at least 8-4. At least that way the season is an improvement. Not the level of improvement we expected but a positive nonetheless

Yes.  Would be nice.  Luckily, the loss of Pachall will give us some level of an excuse for the bad year.  We're out of free passes, though.  This was to be our year to show we belong to show we can be elite in the B12.  We screwed that up so far.  Now it's about salvaging what we still can and then making a statement next year.  Bringing in a big name OC ASAP will go a long way toward keeping us interesting during the upcoming offseason.  

All that said, it's a long, long year.  The end of our season sets up well for us.  Ending with a W vs Baylor is looking bigger and bigger for our season/recruiting.

tetonfrog

Baylor's offense is legit, but the D? That is what I want to see. Can't wait for OU, OSU, UT, TCU to power right at them.Baylor might be able to beat Tech 60-50, but I don't see that against the top half of the league.

rifram09

tetonfrog said:
Baylor's offense is legit, but the D? That is what I want to see. Can't wait for OU, OSU, UT, TCU to power right at them.Baylor might be able to beat Tech 60-50, but I don't see that against the top half of the league.
You don't think Tech is in the top half of the B12? Which 5 teams should be ahead of them? OSU, OU, ?, ?, ?.

Can't put TCU above Tech, we just lost. Doesn't matter if you think we would beat them the next 9 out of 10 times, we lost the only one that matters for 2013.

WVU, Iowa State, and Kansas are obviously bottom three in some order. Kansas State is 4th from the bottom. They don't have the athletes and it has finally caught them this season. They may jump up and bite someone (pls not us!), but they aren't top half.

UT? Beating a weak KState team that couldn't hold onto the football doesn't tell me they are legit... Not after the BYU and Ole Miss beat downs.

Baylor is your only other option for top half of the league. But you still have to find two more teamsto put in front if Tech and there is no way to do it.

Portland Frog

Rifram09 said:
You don't think Tech is in the top half of the B12? Which 5 teams should be ahead of them? OSU, OU, ?, ?, ?.

Can't put TCU above Tech, we just lost. Doesn't matter if you think we would beat them the next 9 out of 10 times, we lost the only one that matters for 2013.

WVU, Iowa State, and Kansas are obviously bottom three in some order. Kansas State is 4th from the bottom. They don't have the athletes and it has finally caught them this season. They may jump up and bite someone (pls not us!), but they aren't top half.

UT? Beating a weak KState team that couldn't hold onto the football doesn't tell me they are legit... Not after the BYU and Ole Miss beat downs.

Baylor is your only other option for top half of the league. But you still have to find two more teamsto put in front if Tech and there is no way to do it.

Agreed. No way Tech is not in the top half of the Big 12 right now. Yes, this may change but right now, they indeed are in there.

Captain Obvious again, but the frogs need to rip off a few consecutive wins. Get this ship turned around. The time for excuses is over. Wins need to come.

cdsfrog

Portland Frog said:

Agreed. No way Tech is not in the top half of the Big 12 right now. Yes, this may change but right now, they indeed are in there.

Captain Obvious again, but the frogs need to rip off a few consecutive wins. Get this ship turned around. The time for excuses is over. Wins need to come.

4th right now

OSU (beat a real team), Baylor (looks great against [ Finebaum ] teams), OU (proved as much as Baylor. Pass offense much weaker), Tech (Better than I expected) then not sure.

Some put TCU at 5th but I refuse to do that. We suck right now, the severity of which who knows. If we beat SMU and OU then 4th bumping OU out. Rather not think about if not

cdsfrog

Despite the odds Frog said:
Finish strong and win bowl game gave BU huge momentum last season.

#1 though, TCU needs to make sure they become bowl eligible.

True. They were 3-4 looking a strong possibility of missing a bowl game after losing 4 in a row. Since they have won 8 of 9 games losing in Norman by 1 score.

Latest posts