• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Andy Dalton article...

jake102

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/53078/bengals-dalton-unleashes-his-sophomore-swagger

CINCINNATI -- The Bengals' quarterback still wears the No. 14 jersey like last season, and his locker remains the same one in that corner of Paul Brown Stadium. But this year's Andy Dalton is different than that publicly bland rookie who surprised the league last year.

Dalton has come into this season with an unexpected edge, something that quarterbacks need to succeed in a division that eats up wide-eyed passers.

This isn't to say Dalton has a mean streak like Ryan Leaf. He just has a lot more bite than, say, a Tim Tebow. Maybe this comes from his experience of playing in the Pro Bowl. Perhaps this stems from the motivation of getting back to the playoffs.

jake102

Interesting analogy considering that, personality wise, I don't know that there's a more Tebow-esq Quarterback in the NFL.

Tebow and Dalton are both strong Christian's, but besides that, I don't think they are really that close to being similar.

JRaySports

Contributor
Tebow and Dalton are both strong Christian's, but besides that, I don't think they are really that close to being similar.
Both are proven winners and extremely competitive. I think Tebow is a lot more edgy on the field than most people realize because of his off-field demeanor. Dalton definitely has that quality too. He says the right things and even if he makes a mistake or two while playing, he bounces back and focuses on helping his team win.

Clinton, Bush, Obama: Case Closed.

ole Dub-Ya disagrees with you....

up-S7JD15R8NVCHI9TE.jpg

Cougar/Frog

Nice read, but I was kind of hoping for some comparison to the NFL greatness of the superb Tech QBs, the ones who set all those NCAA records....

DangerFrog

The difference is, Dalton doesn't shove his Christianity down your throat. They're both very high character people. Completely different styles of play, but they look like two people who would get along.