1. The KillerFrogs

ESPN 8 teams that can win the tourney. 20 just misses, including....

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by One Frog Nation, Mar 6, 2018.

1. I’ll take that. Just making the tournament has me all excited. I only recently started to wonder about our odds of making it to the sweet 16. That would be absolutely epic.

2. Where did Pitt go? Good trade!

3. #4 satis1103, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    "Texas Christian didn't miss the magic eight by as much as you might think"

full house frog likes this.
  4. It is so great to have good basketball again!

tcumaniac and full house frog like this.
  5. I remember when "Texas Christian" beat Marshall and had a chance to beat Notre Dame for a date in the Sweet 16.

At the end of the Notre Dame game, with a chance to win, Texas Christian guard should have drawn a foul but didn't.

What I would like to see is those old "Texas Christian" jerseys to be worn in the NCAA. That's what Jamie wore. That's what Goo wore. That's who we are.

Salfrog likes this.

6. Those celtics style ones that Dixon wore were super cool.

7. We got screwed

full house frog and Salfrog like this.
  8. David Rivers should have been called for the charge.

2314 and Salfrog like this.
  9. Is this the best team in 50 years at TCU? Tubbs team was pretty dang good.

Salfrog likes this.
  10. A093602F-1F86-449E-ABD7-F7D19659CE7D.png
    Goo, Simpson, Snake et al wore script TCU...

Horned Toad likes this.
  11. It'll depend on the draw, of course. I could see us in the Sweet 16, I could see us one--and-done. One thing is for sure, we have the advantage over almost anyone in terms of coaching post-season experience. That will carry you far so long as you can keep hitting teams that are no better than you.

12. If we can get beyond the first round, I think history will see this team as being better than that Tubbs team. I can't speak to TCU teams before Tubbs though.

MTfrog5 likes this.
  13. I wonder how much coaching experience in the tournament counter-balances a lack of player experience in the tournament. Serious question.

14. Well, we went undefeated in a tournament last year ... was good experience for us.

Froginbedford and Limey Frog like this.
  15. That’s where I am when comparing the two teams. Now I do think that Tubbs team would score 120 against this team, but let’s not pretend Tubbs teams played any defense either.

full house frog likes this.
  16. That's why I think we all pretty much agreed last year that while in terms of outsider perception you'd rather be in the big dance, for building a program winning the NIT is huge. There kids have actually won a post-season tournament recently. That will be huge.

17. That will happen for one game, and maybe not even one game depending on whether we can win a game or two in the B12 tournament. After the first round, every game will very most likely be against a team that is better than us. Especially with a likely 6-8 seed.

18. Pitt capped its 0-18 run through the ACC with a first-round tourney exit. Final record: 8-24.

Wasn't that long ago the Frogs had their 0-18 season. How far they've come.

Boomhauer and Portland Frog like this.
  19. I figured they are the old TCU and we are the new Pitt.

Boomhauer and JogginFrog like this.