• The KillerFrogs

Enlighten Me...Please

cdsfrog

I'm not saying they are terrible either, but in no way do they deserve to jump right into a BCS conference. If it wants legitimacy, I know we're talking BCS here, they need to earn it and a vote by your trustees does not constitute earning it. I'm happy to be in the Big East and it was a critical move, but this type of things serves as continued proof of the fraud that is the BCS.

agree I was kidding when I said good move. Unless its 10 years or so

Dtx_Frog_Fan

If their was more administrative cohesion I would be more open to nova, but for a team that is moving up to be successful the university needs to make huge commitments. I say football schools split and the baksetball schools pick up butler. That would make for two stout basketball conferences.

cdsfrog

Not a bad idea. Question - I really dont know - is there any way that bball makes more profit for the Big East than football? Or is football still king moneymaker?

Louisville was an outlier with 16.4 mil in net profit from 25 mil revenue. Average basketball revenue was 9.6 mil, 5 million revenue (for big east)

TCU should make over 33 million in 2012 but a smaller net than Louisville probably 11 mil or so.

Either way TCU football with a small stadium and smaller fan base will make more than the most profitable team in the country who outranks everyone by 10 million. They will dominate the average basketball team by far

asleep003

It's a well calculated scheme. Villanova in the transition from Football schools departure from the catholic BB schools alows the FB schools to hold on to even more of a very large % of the BB/FB ESPN(type) TV contracts. Even though Temple didn't deliver the Phily football mkt, neither will Nova. But without Nova, there is less reason for Phily to follow the BE in any sport ... being a prominent Pro Fan base. It's about TV sets and nothing else. Villanova, at least brings something to the table when we split from the BB onlies and a hopeful FB future on Saturdays with a top 5 largest(I believe) TV viewership in the country. Even with a smaller % of viewers from that mkt than possibly % from other mkts, it's still an important mkt for the Conference. Cheers!