• The KillerFrogs

Eight Miami players suspended by NCAA for improper benefits

froginaustin

Not a tough enough penalty to harm their program past one season.

So much for the NCAA slamming caught cheaters. Maybe the bowl bans, scholly cuts, etc., will come later. Or not.

PurplePainD

What a joke, if a high roller like Shapiro really took these guys to a strip club, then I bet he spent at least a grand on them each time. Unless the NCAA counts the true cost of the $30 dollar bottle of Sparkly, that costs $500 at a joint like that.

Just saying ...

Westsider

What a joke, if a high roller like Shapiro really took these guys to a strip club, then I bet he spent at least a grand on them each time. Unless the NCAA counts the true cost of the $30 dollar bottle of Sparkly, that costs $500 at a joint like that.

Just saying ...

That's right. I mean, that's what I heard.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Remember, this is the "Reinstatement Committee" bunch, the same bunch that reinstated Scam...

It is a separate bunch from the "Infractions" group, and it deals only with the specific players involved. The deciding factors are 1.) What the School suspended them for, and 2.) The evidence supplied by the School. No other information is allowed. In this case (as in the Auburn, Scam case), all the evidence was put together and presented by the school, Miami. They established the valuations of things and the dollar amounts were set by the folks at Miami, not the NCAA. You can see that this is a "fix is in" situation because Miami can diddle the numbers to its hearts desire, and the dopes on the Committee would never know the difference.

The "Infractions Committee" can come back later and smack Miami around if it is found that they lied in the presentation to the "Reinstatement" bunch, so this would theoretically keep the information used in the semi-truthful range. However, like Auburn, they got away with not only paying for him, but skating on the solicitation because it was never brought up!

The joke here (aside from the NCAA) is that Schools are supposedly self-policing and are assumed to be on the up-and-up. No matter that their documented actions are reeking of wrongdoing, or that time might be of the essence, nono of that matters to the NCAA. The Reinstatement Committee only hears what the School suspended the athlete for, and why he should be reinstated. They are blind to all other proceedings.

Shapiro kept detailed records of his expenditures and is singing like a bird to the NCAA. But, none of that information makes it to the Reinstatement Committee. Miami gets away with it. For the present...

Good job, NCAA...

Texas Otto

Just saying ...

There is no way these kids could afford to pay proper restitution in the amoung Shapiro laid on them which should make them ineligible forever, but we know that will never happen!

Latest posts