• The KillerFrogs

Dwight Smith

rudy

@ESPN_Others For @mrcorder TCU's Patterson just said that Dwight Smith had surgery today for a "significant" knee injury.

@ESPN_Others He was optimistic that he could come back by fall camp, though. Wouldn't tell me what the injury was. RT @mrcorder: @ESPN_Others ouch

So it was his knee..

http://espn.go.com/college-football/

gdu

Never doubted it was the knee for a second. Not sure why anybody would've thought anything different.

Bob

Good luck Dwight. Work hard on the rehab, it will be a long, hard row to hoe but everyone will be pulling for you.

sorry, i'm sure this has been answered before, but can DS redshirt this year and still have four years of eligibility remaining in fall 2011? I'm just confused about his eligibility because of January enrollment.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Rocky Frog @ Apr 21 2010, 01:12 PM) [snapback]548159[/snapback]
sorry, i'm sure this has been answered before, but can DS redshirt this year and still have four years of eligibility remaining in fall 2011? I'm just confused about his eligibility because of January enrollment.

Yes

gdu

QUOTE(Rocky Frog @ Apr 21 2010, 06:12 PM) [snapback]548159[/snapback]

January enrollment doesn't change anything.

Gunner

Feel for Dwight, after all the hell he went thru with California idiots. Hope he will keep his attitude up and get with rehab.

gdu

QUOTE(FrogFrog @ Apr 21 2010, 06:17 PM) [snapback]548167[/snapback]
Do we know for sure it was his ACL?

Can someone with knowledge post about his recovery? Will he be the same back?

No.

He could be even better if he works hard at rehab, but it isn't easy.

QUOTE(FrogFrog @ Apr 21 2010, 02:17 PM) [snapback]548167[/snapback]

Can someone with knowledge post about his recovery?

Exactly. A "tweet" on ESPN alleging that Patterson said it was a significant injury is a little suspect, to say the least.

Borat Sagdiyev

QUOTE(FrogFrog @ Apr 21 2010, 06:17 PM) [snapback]548167[/snapback]

Can someone with knowledge post about his recovery? Will he be the same back?

I know for sure it was his ACL.

Don't expect him to play this season. Usually take 6 months to come back from this. If that is the case, that would be Mid October. No reason to burn his redshirt in the middle of the season. Especially since we have four really good backs, three of which are sophmores and one is a freshman.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 21 2010, 11:49 AM) [snapback]548144[/snapback]
<br />Never doubted it was the knee for a second. Not sure why anybody would've thought anything different.<br />

Care to apologize? Now, about that Carder injury...