• The KillerFrogs

Don Shula Dead At 90

Virginia Frog

No one out there have any DShula stories?

I used to love the twice-yearly battles between the Baltimore Colts and The LA Rams in the late '60s. (Both were in the NFL-Western Conference Coastal Division with SF & Atlanta pre-AFL-NFL merger.)

He sure had some tastee steaks!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Nothing to do with Shula, but in the same area this story came out on was one called most impactful bad calls. Number 4 or 5 was Mike Renfro’s no catch call Oilers v Steelers. No replay then, but photo showed two feet dragged in the end zone...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Nothing to do with Shula, but in the same area this story came out on was one called most impactful bad calls. Number 4 or 5 was Mike Renfro’s no catch call Oilers v Steelers. No replay then, but photo showed two feet dragged in the end zone...
A few years ago, some Frogs traveled to the beautiful island of Aruba. During our stay, the Cowboys were playing the Steelers up in Pittsburgh, so we went to a place that was showing the game. It was full of deranged Steeler fans, of course, and we eventually found a table so the girls could sit down and enjoy their beers. Sharing out little table was an older Steeler fan and his long-suffering wife, who confided to the girls "He watches everything Steelers. I swear, he remembers every game, every play, and talks about it non stop."

I raised an eyebrow at this, and said to the husband almost casually, "Renfro caught that ball."

The man went nearly berserk. "He did not! He did not! He was outta bounds!"

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
A few years ago, some Frogs traveled to the beautiful island of Aruba. During our stay, the Cowboys were playing the Steelers up in Pittsburgh, so we went to a place that was showing the game. It was full of deranged Steeler fans, of course, and we eventually found a table so the girls could sit down and enjoy their beers. Sharing out little table was an older Steeler fan and his long-suffering wife, who confided to the girls "He watches everything Steelers. I swear, he remembers every game, every play, and talks about it non stop."

I raised an eyebrow at this, and said to the husband almost casually, "Renfro caught that ball."

The man went nearly berserk. "He did not! He did not! He was outta bounds!"
upload_2020-5-5_19-6-16.jpeg