• The KillerFrogs

Dominique wheeler will be committing today

SuperToad

I guess if you think being a super bro complete with neon hat and those gay gas station sunglasses makes you a badass with a 12in penis then I guess you're right.

Some of us like to have a personality outside of going to the bar everyday. Not to mention having a real major versus Mass Comm or whatever BS major I guarantee that kid is in.

BTW, I'm a former member of a major Greek fraternity at Tech (10x better Greek system then Baylor or TCU) so you can save the "nerd" comments or w/e.

People like him are the reason I quickly got tired of it. Then again TCU/Baylor is famous for spoiled kids who have never worked a day in their life and drive around in brand new $30k cars that their parents bought them.

By spoiled, do you mean getting a quality education? Sure, I could have gone to TTU (Then again who couldn't get in?). But I wanted to be surrounded by people who didn't have an Ego bigger than Texas. People like you for instance. Full of egotistical, ignorant, d0uch3s who thought getting Raider Rash was a good thing. Sure, I know theres a few cocky [Rod Gilmore]h0les at TCU. But there are far more genuine people.

If youve never been in a frat at TCU, how can you even begin to judge what is best?

And how can you judge someone just because of where they go and how they look, when you havent ever met them? Oh wait I know how!! Read the 3rd, 4th, and 5th sentences I just said.

I'm sorry your so sore towards others who go to another school that cost a little more. I get what your saying, I really do. But grow up and keep it to yourself.

Mike Brooks

next, we are going to hear how his "Major" Fraternity had the toughest intramural SOS in the tt Greek system. LOL.

Thanks Maniac! saved a pretty boring day.

RR#1

Turd
If you guys just went to TCU for academics then why not go to UT or A&M (or even Baylor/SMU).

TCU isn't that great academically. The main obstacle to getting in is the ridiculous tuition. You guys are like 30 spots above us in the USN rankings and that's only do to a location/money advantage that boosts your "research" score.

Hardly an "elite" academic institution by any measure. Even by private school standards there are 3 better in TX and probably close to 40-50 better across the country.

illini_frog

Ok, guys, this is either an A) Incompetent, mentally handicapped person or B) A Troll.

I'm guessing B. Quit feeding the troll by arguing with him. Just ignore everything he says.

SuperToad

If you guys just went to TCU for academics then why not go to UT or A&M (or even Baylor/SMU).

TCU isn't that great academically. The main obstacle to getting in is the ridiculous tuition. You guys are like 30 spots above us in the USN rankings and that's only do to a location/money advantage that boosts your "research" score.

Hardly an "elite" academic institution by any measure. Even by private school standards there are 3 better in TX and probably close to 40-50 better across the country.

I didnt go to any of those other schools because...

a) TCU has my major, and is very good at it.
b) TCU's location is top notch
c) TCU was better than the other 15 schools I checked out IMO

So frankly, i dont care what other people say about it, as long as me and the other 8,000 are happy here, thats all that matters. And on top of that, I was going to walk on, but I chose to focus on my studies here and become part of a frat. I love TCU, whether you dont or anyone else doesnt.

RR#1

Turd

So frankly, i dont care what other people say about it, as long as me and the other 8,000 are happy here, thats all that matters. And on top of that, I was going to walk on, but I chose to focus on my studies here and become part of a frat. I love TCU, whether you dont or anyone else doesnt.

That's fine. There are plenty of people who feel the same way about Tech.

Just save the academic smack because Tech and TCU are on a very similar level in academics.
wink.gif

illini_frog

Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

2themax

I didn't say 2011, nor did Wes.

Not gonna disagree about OU as we usually get whipped in Norman I would like to know why you think A&M will be better. Big losses in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The Aggies have won in Lubbock once in the last 20 years. Not a definite win for the Aggies by any stretch.

Tech will be improved this year, though the record might not reflect it. I'd predict a record between 7-5 and 9-3, but there'd have to be significant improvement in the trenches to get to 9-3. Tech will have a very young team, but should improve during the year. Leach's lack of recruiting his last couple of years stills has a negative impact, but it's improving quickly under Tubs.

As much as it pains me to say, A&M will be a better team this yr. They have studs and depth on both sides of the ball. Kids have finally bought in to that pressure scheme the defense runs. Last I checked, TT does terrible against pass rushing teams. TT will have a new dc and defensive scheme. Who do you have on that side of the ball who is worth mentioning? The oline is terrible. A good season for TT is 2-3 Big 12 wins.

AggieAngst

NEVER EVER EVER said Wheeler was a THUG !! You made up that lie (typical of a TTechTerd).

And.....just for the record.....I think WHEELER is one whale of a talent and I still hope TCU gets him. He is really good and he has great moves !!

But the Tcu Coaching Staff doesnt see it my way and they quit calling him long ago. I know why but I'm not going to print it on this board.

It is the exact same reason UT, OU, A&M and AUBURN quit recruiting him.

I realize this sounds to TechTerds like it is just nasty sour grapes, and I would have to agree with you if there was only one school saying they dropped him. However, it is a known fact (that has been known for over 2 months now) that UT, OU, and AUBURN dropped him. Then about a month ago it became public knowledge that A&M dropped him too. Then about 4 days ago it once again became public knowledge that even though Okie St has a screaming need for WR and just lost 2 commits from this yr's class, and Okie St is terribly desperate for any decent recruit - they dropped WHEELER also.

I know exactly why but I aint sayin. You'll have to find it out from some other site. THe Okie St site and the A&M site have posters there who will tell you the whole story. I'm guessing however, that TTech fans dont care and just want the 4 star recruit at any cost, so they can brag about their recruiting class. I hope I am wrong but my guess is that he may do more damage to your team than good. And I am not the only one who thinks this. UT, OU, A&M, Okie St, and AUBURN all think the same thing.

You cant claim EVERYONE EVERYWHERE is wrong and you TechTerds are the only ones who are right !! The numbers are stacked against TTech on this one. Nobody is disparaging any other TTech recruit. Only this one. Again....where there is smoke there is fire.

And it aint SOUR GRAPES, dumbazzzz. Do some research instead of trying to convince everyone of the ridiculous notion that TTech is good, when the fact is that the pathetic TTech football program has fallen all the way down to Baylor's embarrassing level.

The truth also is - Wheeler really had no other options but TTech, in the State of Texas (except Baylor). And the truth also is that Tcu made an evaluation of their entire WR situation for this yrs class, and decided that for the ONE remaining slot, Tcu would go in another direction that involves less risk (that direction will be made known shortly). The evaluation was made very late in the recruiting process for Wheeler because someone Tcu thought they wouldnt get, changed his mind in favor of Tcu, when he saw Wheeler might commit to Frogs. So after the evaluation of baggage, talent, and other factors, Tcu dropped Wheeler to the back burner (as did UT, OU and the rest).

Had those develpoments not occured, TTech would not have gotten Wheeler.

And that is all I will say on this matter. If you want more info or want to know why Tcu is so envious and acting like sore losers in regards to Wheeler, than I invite you to visit the UT, OU, OSU, AUBURN and A&M boards where you will see that it aint just Tcu who dropped him.
AA on Wheeler yesterday:
"[font="Arial][size="4"] He was nice as pie on his Tcu visit "[/size][/font]
"[font="Arial][size="4"]he is basically a really good kid according to his coach and teammates. His teammates love him."[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="4"]"[/size][/font][font="Arial][size="4"]And he is one whale of a talent. If you havent seen his highlight video, you have never seen anything like WHEELER !! The moves he makes at full speed are jaw-dropping. He made an All-State 4 star safety dive in entirely in the wrong direction to make a tackle and by the time the tackler hit the ground, WHEELER was wasnt within ten yards of the guy which made the 4 star safety look like a total moron. The entire stadium (on both sides of the field) OHHHHEd and AWWWed at that world class move !"[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="4"]"[/size][/font][font="Arial][size="4"]Dont know where you are getting yoiur info that he will be at Tech in 2012 but the Tcu board is leaking that insiders are saying he is committing to Tcu in the next few days. [/size][/font][font="Arial][size="4"]Nice try though !! "[/size][/font]
[font="Arial] [/font]
[font="Arial][size="4"]AA on Wheeler today: "Wheeler is a thug and TCU never wanted him anyway". [/size][/font]
laugh.gif

I guess you guys are becoming big time. You already understand the Aggie tradition of "never losing" a recruiting battle by denying you ever wanted them.
laugh.gif

AggieAngst

Quote from Coach Urban Meyer of Florida (National Champion - twice)

"One of the things I discovered very quickly at Florida is that just because a kid has 4 stars is no reason to take him if he doesnt have the right attitude. Taking a 4 star recruit who has baggage or a bad attitude, just because he has 4 stars, is the kiss of death in this business and will get you beat faster than anything else you do. Any Coach who is so desperate to show his fandom his ability to recruit 4 star athletes, will get thunderous applause from his fanbase, but will get beat on the field so fast it will make your head spin.

I'll take a 2 star recruit with the proper attitude any day rather than a primma donna 4 star recruit who will make the recruiting class rankings look great but who will also destroy the team. Bad attitudes are cancer that spreads on the team. Unless you are a Coach you have no idea the insidious power that just one lousy attitude can have on a great team, and that disproportionate infuence can be a shock to a new uninitiated Head Coach. While there will always be some desperate team who will take any guy with 4 stars, Florida wont take the wrong kid anymore, no matter how many stars he has, or how talented he might be. We learned that lesson the hard way, and we now know the wrong kid is the wrong kid no matter how highly ranked he is."

KillBilly

@AggieAngst

Wheeler didn't want to catch Purple Herpes so he committed to Tech. End of story. Get over it. Oh crap!! Please tell me I can't catch herpes from TCU posters over the internet! Oh crap! Can I get herpes just from posting on a TCU website? Please tell me you Frogs take Valtrex and wear condoms while on the internet! Oh man. Herpes is forever and Purple Herpes is so painful it requires a 3-4 day hospital stay to boot! Oh wurra, wurra, wurra....

tcumaniac

@AggieAngst

Wheeler didn't want to catch Purple Herpes so he committed to Tech. End of story. Get over it. Oh crap!! Please tell me I can't catch herpes from TCU posters over the internet! Oh crap! Can I get herpes just from posting on a TCU website? Please tell me you Frogs take Valtrex and wear condoms while on the internet! Oh man. Herpes is forever and Purple Herpes is so painful it requires a 3-4 day hospital stay to boot! Oh wurra, wurra, wurra....
Hahhahaa. What an idiot.

AggieAngst

Only a total RETARD goes to A&M or SMU over TCU. Academics should be one of the main reasons a kid goes to one school over the other, if he has a choice, however, sports, location, and social activities are also a ton of fun in college, and enter into the decision also.

With the fabulous social scene in the rejuvinated and spectacularly fun downtown Ft Worth, and with the 3-1 female to male ratio at Tcu, and with the incredibly gorgeous girls at Tcu, and with the unbelievably exciting football team, Tcu rises unquestionably to the top. Throw in the beautiful campus and all the new state of the art dorms, new stadium, new student union, and new ulta-high tech new buildings everywhere, the decision gets even easier.

acceptance rate (total applicants to those who get acceptance letters)

very highly selective
RICE = 12-1
TCU = 11-1 (17,000 applicants / 1640 students received acceptance letters)
TEXAS = 8-1

highly selective
A&M = 7-1
BAYLOR = 6-1
SMU = 6-1
TRINITY = 5-1
SOUTHWESTERN = 5-1

selective
NORTH TEXAS = 4-1
UTA = 3-1
TX STATE = 3-1
AUSTIN COLLEGE (Dennison. Tx - this is not SF Austin) = 3-1
SAM HOUSTON ST = 3-1
TEXAS WESLYAN = 3-1

not selective
OKLAHOMA ST = 2-1
HOUSTON UNIV = 2-1
TEXAS SOUTHERN = 2-1
STEPHEN F AUSTIN = 2-1
PRARIE VIEW A&M = 2-1
ABELINE CHRISTIAN = 2-1
TEXAS TECH = 2-1
KILGORE JUNIOR COLLEGE = 2-1

jake102

The Purp Herp ain't nuthin but a thang.

I was forced to go to Lubbock in April, and once you turn off 20 it was like driving through hell with all the smoke and god awful landscape.

illini_frog

very highly selective
RICE = 12-1
TEXAS = 8-1

highly selective
A&M = 7-1
BAYLOR = 6-1
SMU = 6-1
TRINITY = 5-1
SOUTHWESTERN = 5-1

selective
NORTH TEXAS = 4-1
UTA = 3-1
TX STATE = 3-1
SAM HOUSTON ST = 3-1
TEXAS WESLYAN = 3-1

not selective
OKLAHOMA ST = 2-1
HOUSTON UNIV = 2-1
TEXAS SOUTHERN = 2-1
STEPHEN F AUSTIN = 2-1
PRARIE VIEW A&M = 2-1
ABELINE CHRISTIAN = 2-1
TEXAS TECH = 2-1

I can absolutely guarantee you more than 1640 kids received acceptance letters. Each class at TCU is about 1800 and that means IF EVERY SINGLE KID WHO GOT ACCEPTED TO TCU WENT TO TCU, then they would STILL be below average enrollment.

And call me crazy, but I doubt University of North Texas rejects 75% of the people who apply.

Try to at least make your pretend statistics realistic.

KillBilly

Only a total RETARD goes to A&M or SMU over TCU. Academics should be one of the main reasons a kid goes to one school over the other, if he has a choice, however, sports, location, and social activities are also a ton of fun in college, and enter into the decision also.

With the fabulous social scene in the rejuvinated and spectacularly fun downtown Ft Worth, and with the 3-1 female to male ratio at Tcu, and with the incredibly gorgeous girls at Tcu, and with the unbelievably exciting football team, Tcu rises unquestionably to the top. Throw in the beautiful campus and all the new state of the art dorms, new stadium, new student union, and new ulta-high tech new buildings everywhere, the decision gets even easier.

very highly selective
RICE = 12-1
TEXAS = 8-1

highly selective
A&M = 7-1
BAYLOR = 6-1
SMU = 6-1
TRINITY = 5-1
SOUTHWESTERN = 5-1

selective
NORTH TEXAS = 4-1
UTA = 3-1
TX STATE = 3-1
SAM HOUSTON ST = 3-1
TEXAS WESLYAN = 3-1

not selective
OKLAHOMA ST = 2-1
HOUSTON UNIV = 2-1
TEXAS SOUTHERN = 2-1
STEPHEN F AUSTIN = 2-1
PRARIE VIEW A&M = 2-1
ABELINE CHRISTIAN = 2-1
TEXAS TECH = 2-1

Wow 3 herpes riddled TCU girls for every guy? Okey dokey. At least your list of academic selectivity is accurate...lol.

AggieAngst

Rag on TCU all you want.........however..........have you found out yet why UT, OU, AUBURN, OKIE ST and TCU all quit recruiting him?

Whack away at TCU all you want, but that still doesnt answer why the other 4 schools quit on him too.

Let us know if you ever get those answers !!!! We expect nothing but CRICKETS !!

You might as well admit it. TTech and its lowly fans are DESPERATE for any 4 star recruit (just like Baylor is) especilly after the year Tech had last year.

Playing in the TicketCity Toilet Bowl against NORTHEASTERN STATE COLLEGE had to hurt bad, especially when TCU was in the BCS ROSE BOWL !! AND THEN TCU WENT OUT AND WON THE ROSE BOWL !!!!

That had to hurt Tech fans really really bad especially when Tech fans realize they had the best season in their entire football history a few yrs back, and still got blocked by the Big 12 from playing in a BCS Bowl Game and got their heads dunked in the toilet by the Big 12.

Tech fans by now fully realize that they are very very unlikely to ever play in just ONE BCS Bowl game in their lifetimes (as TCU has already been to two and is likely to go to BCS Bowl games every year from the BIG EAST). That has to hurt really really bad !!!!

Tech being forced now to take a back seat to TCU has to heartbreaking !!

But Tech did it to themselves. They partnered with the most laughingstock team in all of college football (Baylor) in an annual partnership for a slapstick comedy game of errors every year that fans all over the nation laugh uproariously at in bars all over the nation. Tech and Baylor are now seen in the same light and are seen as 2 very pathetic equal teams due to this annual partnership. How Tech got married to Baylor in this annual partnership is one of the worst moves they have ever made, especially when the games are televised and the laughingstock Baylor nearly beats the laughingstock Tech each year now. What a HOOT to watch those 2 pathetic teams each year in a comedy game each year. HILARIOUS !!

TTech has done this to themselves. They are now all the way down to Baylor's pathetic level. Very sad to see !!
@AggieAngst

asleep003

BTW, I'm a former member of a major Greek fraternity at Tech (10x better Greek system then Baylor or TCU) so you can save the "nerd" comments or w/e.

A few decades ago, when going to Lubbock for a look while checking out schools... the Frat Halls were small decorated up warehouses or old cheezy strip mall bankrupted pizza joints... with some couches/bar counter/a ping pong and/or pool table(oh they had a TV set too). None that I visited had Frat Houses. Just courious... did they ever upgrade or is it still pretty much the same.?.

Cheers!

PS - Oh forgot, Sunday morning when we woke up hungover, we had sand in our mouth because our friend forgot to put wet towels around the windows for the sand storm that also blocked out our vision of the dorm next door.