• The KillerFrogs

Dominique wheeler will be committing today

SuperToad

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/texas-christian-university-3636

US news says 59.3% acceptance rate. That's a whole 8% higher then Tech.

To compare UT is 45.3%, SMU is 53%, and Rice 22.3%.

Nice try though.
laugh.gif

If we are making up stats then I'm going to go with 20 to 1 for Tech.

I can guarantee you that stat is false and outdated 100%

How is 1,821 accepted out of 17,000, 59%?? those stats are crap.

tcumaniac

56% men at Tech.... It finally makes sense!!!! Dominque is freaking gay!!! That's what AggieAngst has been talking about the whole time! That's why schools have suddenly started avoiding him. You don't want someone attracted to penis in your locker room!!! I mean look at the kids hair! He looks like the gay guy Antoine Dodson from the bed intruder video.

Wheeler.jpg

586dodson.jpg

Case closed. Dominique is attracted to men. That's why he went to tech.

SuperToad

56% men at Tech.... It finally makes sense!!!! Dominque is freaking gay!!! That's what AggieAngst has been talking about the whole time! That's why schools have suddendly started avoiding him. You don't want someone attracted to penis in your locker room!!! I mean look at the kids hair! He looks like the gay guy Antione Dawson from the bed intruder video.

Wheeler.jpg

586dodson.jpg

Bahaha, it's his long lost brother!!

tcumaniac

I can guarantee you that stat is false and outdated 100%

How is 1,821 accepted out of 17,000, 59%?? those stats are crap.

the stats are incorrect. However, a lot more than 1821 kids were accepted. Use some common sense buddy. Illini already brought this up earlier. There's a big difference between the amount of people accepted, versus the amount of kids that actually enroll. There were probably 5 to 6000 kids accepted.

Also. 17,000 was from january. The total applicant pool reached about 20,000 by the final deadline

SuperToad

the stats are incorrect. However, a lot more than 1821 kids were accepted. Use some common sense buddy. Illini already brought this up earlier. There's a big difference between the amount of people accepted, versus the amount of kids that actually enroll. There were probably 5 to 6000 kids accepted.

Also. 17,000 was from january. The total applicant pool reached about 20,000 by the final deadline

Wow, I realize I had a major brain fart. My bad.

Whoever said 37% is probably correct

AggieAngst

Even I dont like this kind of comment. He aint gay and that aint the reason. Dont even go there.

56% men at Tech.... It finally makes sense!!!! Dominque is freaking gay!!! That's what AggieAngst has been talking about the whole time! That's why schools have suddenly started avoiding him. You don't want someone attracted to penis in your locker room!!! I mean look at the kids hair! He looks like the gay guy Antoine Dodson from the bed intruder video.

Wheeler.jpg

586dodson.jpg

AggieAngst

Tcu does not accept 5000 kids to fill 1640 slots. That is ridicuous !! What if some year, all 5000 chose to show up !! Use yer head son !!

More like 2500 or so. And there are DEADLINES issued by Tcu to say YEA or NO if you are coming to Tcu. You also "forgot" to mention the EARLY ADMISSION students, which cuts down the total acceptance numbers even more. No reason to accept 5000 kids.

Get real !!

illini_frog

Tcu does not accept 5000 kids to fill 1640 slots. That is ridicuous !! What if some year, all 5000 chose to show up !! Use yer head son !!

More like 2500 or so. And there are DEADLINES issued by Tcu to say YEA or NO if you are coming to Tcu. You also "forgot" to mention the EARLY ADMISSION students, which cuts down the total acceptance numbers even more. No reason to accept 5000 kids.

Get real !!

Actually, they accept almost exactly 5000 students. Nice try though, thanks for playing.

You're an idiot and I fear for your offspring, if you ever find a human willing to reproduce with you.

Lone Frog

Except it's more than 1640. And there is no 3-1 ratio. It's like 52% to 48%, hate to disappoint you.

Yeah, even when I went there (late '80s to early '90s) it was about 60-40.

As far as any other posts about Tech being picky? Please. Tech was my safety school. Based on one single application (never followed up with any further contact in any way, since I was quickly accepted at better schools) they accepted me, enrolled me, assigned me a dorm room, tried to put me in touch with a roommate and even started calling me when class began as they were worried I hadn't chosen my schedule yet. Tech was like the ugly chick you say hi to once just to be nice and she decides the two of you are in love and meant to be together.

tcumaniac

Get real !!

hhaha. You're so so wrong. How about we call up Ray Brown and ask him?

Planks

Let's put an end to this debate. Here is the Daily Skiff article from January in which Dean of Admissions Ray Brown talks about the 2011 admissions

http://www.tcudailys...-high-1.2430497

According to Ray Brown in the article we had:

16,000 Applications as of January 2011
18,000 projected applications by the Febuary 15 2011 deadline
7,000 projected addmitted students
1,800 projected class size

If the projections of 18,000 applications and 7,000 admitted students turned out to be true, then that would put our 2011 acceptance rate at about 38%. So whoever in this thread said our acceptance rate is 37% is probably right.

In the article Ray Brown also projected that TCU is now the second most selective University in the state of Texas behind only RIce. Pretty impressive!

Get real !!

TCU does NOT just send out 7000 admissions all at once, they do it slowly over the course of many months. TCU starts by admitting the students they want most, and then they "work their way down the list".

Its just like recruiting in football. TCU offers a lot more kids than they have spots for. The reason they can do this is because they don't offer everyone at once. TCU starts with who they want the most (Jonathan Gray) and if that doesn't work out, then they "work their way down the list" and offer some one else (B.J. Catalon).

cdsfrog

Good lord, delete every user in this thread.

Even the one who said 37% ?

:sad:

jk :biggrin:, the stat came straight from TCU, cant find the actual source. Right now the only place I could find it on was TCU's wikipedia page......hence why I didnt post the link

Planks

Even the one who said 37% ?

:sad:

jk :biggrin:, the stat came straight from TCU, cant find the actual source. Right now the only place I could find it on was TCU's wikipedia page......hence why I didnt post the link

Here's a link:

http://www.tcudailys...-high-1.2430497

According to Dean of Admissions Ray Brown, you are correct about our 37% acceptance rate (18,000 applicants, 7,000 accepted students comes out to about 38% acceptance rate.)