• The KillerFrogs

Does Baylor actually have any integrity?

fanforlife

If this is true, and tu is still going to run away from the now-raging and powerful TCU, Baylor needs to seriously question what it stands for as a university.

Looks like most of the 12ers are stuck together, and it won't make that huge of a difference if tu stays or goes. They won't be getting their way any longer. TCU belongs in the top-level conference in this area of the country. Is there another example of 100-year neighboring rivals purposely sabotaging and blackballing one program despite its extraordinary success? No. What did TCU ever do to deserve to be the enemy of the most virulent entity in college sports?

Kenn Starr, from a few weeks ago:

"We especially appreciate our fellow Texas institutions in the conference and the special rivalries that entertain and energize our respective alumni.

Now, in a formation that includes an incredibly strong regional association of ten schools, four of which represent the State of Texas, we believe that the Big 12 is one of the nation's foremost athletic conferences.

For Texas, strong connections among rival Big 12 institutions produce income and jobs and help with student recruitment, both by keeping students in our state and by bringing others into our fold. And, of course, there is the great pride that we feel as Texans when our teams dominate the national collegiate athletics landscape as they did during the past year. (Rose Bowl being the highlight here, obviously)

As we saw last summer, many in the Texas Legislature understand the economics associated with a strong and unified Texas presence in a dominant athletic conference.

Our elected officials are again taking notice of a flurry of activity related to the Big 12 and have postponed hearings, pending developments, to discuss college athletics. We believe such conversations are certain to conclude that it is in the best interest of our state that the four Texas schools of the Big 12 stay together."

Baylor needs to go public with its support. Now.

SuperToad

Lots of Baylor fans said they wanted to team up with TCU fans throughout this process. Lets see if they go back on their word or not.

Baylorbears11

http://www.baylorfan...t=220077&page=2

This is what most Baylor fans think about TCU joining the conference (ignore the the thread title). And I agree that it would be good if Ken Starr came out to support the frogs in expansion. Generally I think BYU is #1 on the Radar, followed by two of TCU/Louisville/Air Force. But I know most Baylor fans support adding TCU to the conference.

Edit: Also this thread too http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220057

through this entire process, how many things that have gone public have actually happened? None. Even aggy can't leave when no one really wants them anymore.

The one thing that has happened seemingly occurred behind everyones back.

If it doesn't work out for TCU, I wouldn't put the blame on our administration. I'll just say that.

The second I hear a statement in favor of TCU, my first thought is TCU has no chance anymore and we're just saving face.

tcufrog75

Lots of Baylor fans said they wanted to team up with TCU fans throughout this process. Lets see if they go back on their word or not.

Baylorfans.com, in my quick scan, has a number of postings expressing a desire for TCU to be brought into the Big 12 and a few saying that it will not happen because UT will not let it. Tech will vote with UT for obvious reasons. Baylor wants to stay on UT's good side, but sees both UT and TCU in a new light after the past couple of weeks. We need for OU and OSU (and the remaining schools of the old Big12 North) to take up our cause and outvote UT.

Maybe "the TCU issue" will become a point at which OU tests UT to see if it is going to still try to be the conference dictator. We need OU support desperately. Boren is a Disciple! And has been reported here previously, OU President David Boren's son, Dan Boren (US Rep for the 2nd District of Oklahoma), is a TCU alum (B.S. '97). Also, we have been getting some T. Boone love lately.

TEUFELI

Baylorfans.com, in my quick scan, has a number of postings expressing a desire for TCU to be brought into the Big 12 and a few saying that it will not happen because UT will not let it.

Wait...I thought Frogdaddy said this wasn't true?? Maybe we should tell them over at Baylorfans...