• The KillerFrogs

Does anyone still think the air raid will get us a NC?

abell2do

I have always believed the BXII could compete with the SEC till yesterday. I think the air raid is great if you wanna win a BXII championship, but it stands no chance against a pro style play action offense like a Georgia or Bama. I hope Dykes makes adjustments in our offense going forward so we emulate tOSU, Georgia and Bama. Lastly I’m not sold on the 3-3-5 stopping a top tier offense either. Hope the coaches really make some changes if we are serious about winning it all.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
I think offense was tailored to what we have. The defense was definitely an issue and 3-3-5 did get smashed as JJ predicted. I guess I'm confused about the Michigan now. Clearly it was an outlier.

CardFrog

I think offense was tailored to what we have. The defense was definitely an issue and 3-3-5 did get smashed as JJ predicted. I guess I'm confused about the Michigan now. Clearly it was an outlier.
Or maybe Georgia was the outlier....one of them was, but the reason we lost had as much or more to do with defense as we never stopped them. Not being a football expert it looked like we lost the game on the Line (trenches), both sides.

Good grief. The entire philosophy behind the Air Raid is to give teams with less physical size and talent a chance to compete with those who have more. Leach and Mumme said that from the start. It's about having an offense designed to leverage the strengths of your particular personnel.

If we had the personnel of Georgia, Bama and Ohio State, then we wouldn't need to run it -- or really, we would need to run "less" of it, because elements of the Air Raid are in nearly every playbook in the country today.

Additionally, it was pretty obvious to me this year that this wasn't a pure Leach/Mumme Air Raid. Because we had greater skill, size and athleticism than any of their teams ever had, Sonny and Garrett moved this offense more towards what would be considered a "pro-style" offense in today's world.

If you can't see that the NFL (as well as Bama/Georgia/Ohio State) have adopted many facets of the Air Raid, then I don't know what to say.

An-Cap Frog

Good grief. The entire philosophy behind the Air Raid is to give teams with less physical size and talent a chance to compete with those who have more. Leach and Mumme said that from the start. It's about having an offense designed to leverage the strengths of your particular personnel.

If we had the personnel of Georgia, Bama and Ohio State, then we wouldn't need to run it -- or really, we would need to run "less" of it, because elements of the Air Raid are in nearly every playbook in the country today.

Additionally, it was pretty obvious to me this year that this wasn't a pure Leach/Mumme Air Raid. Because we had greater skill, size and athleticism than any of their teams ever had, Sonny and Garrett moved this offense more towards what would be considered a "pro-style" offense in today's world.

If you can't see that the NFL (as well as Bama/Georgia/Ohio State) have adopted many facets of the Air Raid, then I don't know what to say.
Yes, there isn't a team in college or pros that doesn't run mesh concepts...