• The KillerFrogs

Does Anyone live in Denver

ricksterh

I visited Denver a few years back and stayed in LoDo (stands for Lower downtown) It used to be an old warhouse district and about the time they built Coors Field they turned it in to a lot of great bars, pubs, places to eat and really nice stores. I think they have lofts and neat places to live. Atleast check it out. :biggrin:

AUFrog

Where are some cool places to live? I will be working in Centennial.
Lots of good options but I would probably go with one of the following (assuming you want to be near downtown):
Wash Park: young, cool place and the Park is a great meeting point on weekends;
Cherry Creek North: a little more yuppie but lots of cool bars, restaurants;
Highlands: probably more bars and restaurants popping up here than any other area. Probably my favorite central Denver hood. Just across I-25 from downtown;
Uptown: a few more crime problems but a very cool area.
A lot of people right out of college also live at Heritage Creek apts. Great pool scene on weekends, close to Cherry Creek North, etc.

There are also some cool places on the western edge of downtown that are cool, but I've had a few friends complain about the train noise at all hours of the night.

congrats on the job and hope this helps. Also, the Alumni chapter has some pretty cool summer events and it's an easy way to meet quite a few fellow Frogs.

Rabble Rouser

Where are some cool places to live? I will be working in Centennial.

It would be good to know more about your situation and more of what you are looking for specifically but assuming you are a single guy without a ton of money here are some recs. Your best bet for fun young spots are downtown denver, capital hill, and wash(ington) park. The only downside is those won't be close to your work. Cherry creek is really nice too but if you are younger it might be out of your price range but if you are looking to find a sugar momma that is a good place to go. Highlands ranch and littleton are pretty cool too and slightly more upscale suburban type living. I really dig downtown Littleton... I would probably try to steer clear of lakewood and saudi-aurora if you could. If you want to get closer to your work I would def try to get as close as possible to a light rail station so you can get in and out of downtown denver easily and will come in handy much more often than you would think. Also on the subject of the light rail don't bother paying for a ticket after 10pm as they don't check then as a policy because they just want the drunks to get home.

I lived mostly in the downtown areas as that's where I worked but if I had to do it all over again I would try to get a place in Wash Park for sure. Also make sure you get a place with an outdoor patio for the amazing summers.

Good luck you will LOVE living in Denver, feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

BrokerFrog06

Lots of good options but I would probably go with one of the following (assuming you want to be near downtown):
Wash Park: young, cool place and the Park is a great meeting point on weekends;
Cherry Creek North: a little more yuppie but lots of cool bars, restaurants;
Highlands: probably more bars and restaurants popping up here than any other area. Probably my favorite central Denver hood. Just across I-25 from downtown;
Uptown: a few more crime problems but a very cool area.
A lot of people right out of college also live at Heritage Creek apts. Great pool scene on weekends, close to Cherry Creek North, etc.

There are also some cool places on the western edge of downtown that are cool, but I've had a few friends complain about the train noise at all hours of the night.

congrats on the job and hope this helps. Also, the Alumni chapter has some pretty cool summer events and it's an easy way to meet quite a few fellow Frogs.

This is solid info. My friends (06 grad) all live around Wash Park or in the Cherry Creek area.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
My wife is a Cherry Creek grad. Lots of nice homes in that area, plenty of restaurants, and you are just south of Downtown Denver. It's pricey though.

icemonkee

Thanks for the info guys. I will be a broke single guy for now...getting married in January, so I have 6 months. We still haven't decided if I'm going to find a place to live for 6 months and then get a new place when the girl moves in, or go ahead and get a full 12 month lease now.

I was looking for something a little bit on the urban side, but not necessarily downtown. The only knowledge of the city that I have is around the Golden area (my brother graduated from Mines). - I don't want to live there.

Rabble Rouser

Thanks for the info guys. I will be a broke single guy for now...getting married in January, so I have 6 months. We still haven't decided if I'm going to find a place to live for 6 months and then get a new place when the girl moves in, or go ahead and get a full 12 month lease now.

I was looking for something a little bit on the urban side, but not necessarily downtown. The only knowledge of the city that I have is around the Golden area (my brother graduated from Mines). - I don't want to live there.

I still say Wash Park but your fiance would probably love Highlands Ranch, most females do.

AUFrog

My wife is a Cherry Creek grad. Lots of nice homes in that area, plenty of restaurants, and you are just south of Downtown Denver. It's pricey though.
Not to get too confusing, but the area around Cherry Creek High School is different from the Cherry Creek area. I live near the area you're talking about and love it but would have hated it right out of college.

Also, I would pass on moving to Highlands Ranch if you're a recent grad. It's definitely a nice area but kinda need to have a few kids (that you claim/care for) before moving there.