• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU QB outlook for 2021: Can Max Duggan take the next step as a passer?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
IMO, play calling more than anything else, then execution which would cover our receiver route running. Until proven otherwise, I think Kill is trying to bring somewhat of a calm over the offensive coaches room........Sonny was a great guy supposedly but I'm glad he's gone.

I feel like Max is a tremendous talent and a fierce competitor who is not getting a lot of help on the field or from the sidelines. I also expect to see a lot more improvement this season. Last season was a challenge for him on several levels.

Limp Lizard

All these problems you fear were from the last few years, with Cumbie as the QB coach and a co-OC. Let's wait until late in the season to make any judgements.

Eight

An interesting statement that we have all pondered but to really no avail. More than anything else, GP had his head set on and knew the call and didn't veto it and Kill is next to Meach on the sideline and we run the play. How, please, anyone, how are we going to beat Riley and Campbell with those type of offensive thoughts coming from the high brass even with our increased talent level?????

thinking there is something to be said with trusting your talent and not trying to outsmart your opponent especially down near the goalline

ShreveFrog

Agree with above poster who said Miller is our best option for Wildfrog. Like Kerley, he's a threat to pass.

I kept waiting for Sewo to do a pop up pass. Never happened.

But that said, if you have a good dual threat like Max, why remove him from the position? It's not like he's Broadway Joe gimping around back there. Use some well designed deception with Max if you want.

Eight

Agree with above poster who said Miller is our best option for Wildfrog. Like Kerley, he's a threat to pass.

But that said, if you have a good dual threat like Max, why remove him from the position? It's not like he's Broadway Joe gimping around back there. Use some well designed deception with Max if you want.

agree and there are two big keys. a well designed play based upon looking similar to other well designed plays.

i.e. a well designed, offense that fits together and isn't just random play calls. froggish pointed to a failed halfback pass against ou. big key for that to work is the defense has to think you are going to run the ball because not only the play execution, but it is a staple in your offense.

when you run a trick play that is based upon something you run every now and then good defenses don't bite.

JockO de Frog

Exactly what I thought. Max is over 200 pounds and is a power runner as well. With him, the defense doesn't know what is coming especially if you put in a back as a lead blocker.

Eight

Exactly what I thought. Max is over 200 pounds and is a power runner as well. With him, the defense doesn't know what is coming especially if you put in a back as a lead blocker.

a lead what?

people, first you want to start adding tight ends and now lead blockers?

not like any of that stuff has worked in short yardage in the past in the game of football

4th. down

BINGO!

Eight

I want a qb that can throw and receivers that can catch.

efc1f7ba2bb850469254e25049fa0e02.gif