• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU projected starters: Matt Joeckel transfer changes the game; starting running back has plent

TronCarter

TCURiggs said:
Negative. I'm of the sales variety. You couldn't tell by all of my whack-a-mole BS?

toddler-whac-a-mole.gif

cdsfrog

If our posts indicate our job position, no wonder I changed job positions 7 times in 7 years.

All over the damn place.

Montero-slow.gif

asleep003

Think the haters forget ... most all  of the non-haters are more than glad to have a QB equal to or greater than TB to appear ... to alow us to unleash TB elsewhere too. We're just unhappy with the uncalled for/unnecessary ugly remarks made by several on this site about one of our top student/athletes, who has played valiantly(with injuries too) for the fans and our school... often under duress. 

Cheers !

asleep003

cdsfrog said:
If our posts indicate our job position, no wonder I changed job positions 7 times in 7 years.

All over the damn place.

Montero-slow.gif

So does that mean you're a hater/ non hater / or just confused whether TB or the 3 Fr and Transfer/with less than a game experience group... is the most probable best option at this point in time. Of course we will watch for August ... what is your gut feel presently... you've normally been pretty objective.

Cheers !

asleep003

cdsfrog said:
Honestly....

No frickin clue. Boykin named starter until close to game time. Then a total crap shoot

Well I think TB, with a little serious blocking, is going to do a very nice QB job for us. But if one of the kids or Joeckel Blossums ... then I'm all for that too. Being honest... don't really think our concern with QB is near the concern we should have with the OL... the OCs should be competent.

Cheers !  

Here's a question, what has to happen to Joeckel and Boykin in order for Sawyer or Muehl to get serious playing time?

This is the kind of problem you get when you install an offense based on QB play. Maybe we should run the ball and take pressure off our QB's.

asleep003

full house frog said:
Here's a question, what has to happen to Joeckel and Boykin in order for Sawyer or Muehl to get serious playing time?

This is the kind of problem you get when you install an offense based on QB play. Maybe we should run the ball and take pressure off our QB's.

That is what everybody would like  for sure... but you have to have the Big and Uglies that can move their Big and Uglies and that was not the case last year, allowing for the D to Tee Off on us nearly every play.

Cheers !

asleep003

If Joeckel blossums, then it's a win win for the Program ... Actually believe the OL is so much more important to the propectus of the team, than whether TB or Joeckel starts. As if there is no improvement there... there is no reason to see a lot of improvement with TB and no reason to think Joeckel would look any better than CP last year. A better scheme can make some difference... but the OL still has to do their job for that to work too.

It's up to Anderson /Meacham/ and Bryson Oliver to collaborate this together for success... as in many peoples eyes, this is where the rubber hits the road. 

Cheers !

Wag the Frog

Mistletoad said:
If Joeckel blossums, then it's a win win for the Program ... Actually believe the OL is so much more important to the propectus of the team, than whether TB or Joeckel starts. As if there is no improvement there... there is no reason to see a lot of improvement with TB and no reason to think Joeckel would look any better than CP last year. A better scheme can make some difference... but the OL still has to do their job for that to work too.

It's up to Anderson /Meacham/ and Bryson Oliver to collaborate this together for success... as in many peoples eyes, this is where the rubber hits the road. 

Cheers !
Blossums? Oh, Mistlederp...

asleep003

Wag the Frog said:
Should be a lot less pressure on the line with an offense predicated on getting rid of the ball fast.

We still have to run the ball though ... and will be required to look for 2nd reciever, at least once in a while... aye.

Cheers !

TronCarter

I know who I believe in

@foster_sawyer: While getting a deep tissue massage and trying to hold in a fart is hands down the hardest thing I've ever done...

tcumaniac

FrogByBirth said:
I'm still surprised that the media and a lot of fans still give Boykin the "Keep an eye on!".  Does CGP think that way?

Boykin is just not a good D1/FBS QB.  The proof is there.   Don't talk about the OL, because if he was so Johnny Football athletic and such a dynamic play maker...... he would have MADE way more plays!  His decision making and poise were terrible.

Athletic, talented and experienced in our system  - yes, but the proof is that he is just not a QB that is going to produce a Conference championship or 9, 10 wins.

I wish CGP would just announce the switch for him to NOT be a QB, and lets get on with it.  He will be a great WR and play maker NOT being a QB.  So lets cut all the crap.

IF.....IF, Boykin is our starting QB this year, we win 6 games - max.

CGP - RUN THE BALL!!!!
Samford+TCU+Football_39530435_696412.JPG

Moose Stuff

MR. TCU (tcumaniac) said:
I'm still surprised that the media and a lot of fans still give Boykin the "Keep an eye on!".  Does CGP think that way?

Boykin is just not a good D1/FBS QB.  The proof is there.   Don't talk about the OL, because if he was so Johnny Football athletic and such a dynamic play maker...... he would have MADE way more plays!  His decision making and poise were terrible.

Athletic, talented and experienced in our system  - yes, but the proof is that he is just not a QB that is going to produce a Conference championship or 9, 10 wins.

I wish CGP would just announce the switch for him to NOT be a QB, and lets get on with it.  He will be a great WR and play maker NOT being a QB.  So lets cut all the crap.

IF.....IF, Boykin is our starting QB this year, we win 6 games - max.

CGP - RUN THE BALL!!!!
Samford+TCU+Football_39530435_696412.JPG
Hysterical