• The KillerFrogs

DMN: TCU’s Kendal Briles problem is the bloom of Baylor’s failure

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: TCU’s Kendal Briles problem is the bloom of Baylor’s failure

By Dallas Morning News Editorial

FDQQZ5YLTIO4T7FDBLWTIXAZVU.jpg

Seven years ago, as Baylor University reckoned with its football program’s reprehensible handling of sexual assault allegations against players, it piled on yet another terrible mistake. University officials published a 13-page summary of an independent investigation into the scandal but never produced a full report that laid out its failures in detail and who was responsible.

The university fired head coach Art Briles for looking the other way and thought that was that.

Baylor officials explained at the time that there was no comprehensive written account, no naming of names, because they wanted the university community to “focus on the future rather than dwell on the tragedies of the past.”

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...iles-problem-is-the-bloom-of-baylors-failure/

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
We asked TCU athletics spokesman Mark Cohen to answer questions about how Briles was vetted and whether he had expressed any sadness or regret about the Baylor football program’s handling of sexual assault complaints. We got no response.

A message sent to a phone number linked to Briles also went unanswered.

It’s unfortunate that many TCU fans who were disturbed by what happened at Baylor will now carry that disappointment to their own team’s games. Baylor owed answers seven years ago, and TCU owes them today to its own community.

We hope TCU won’t stay quiet. It must address fans’ concerns even as it embraces Briles.

This is a bad look. TCU made a controversial hire. Now step up and talk to the community about the hire. Own it. Don't hide from it.

Prime BEEF

You don’t want a presser, you want an inquisition.
Way off base here.

Do a press conference. Have sonny, ADJD and KB there. Look all happy and excited. Tell the fans he’s the best option and future looks bright. Then KB talks and says I understand the apprehension from some fans and I will do my best to earn your respect and represent the school well. Done and done. Not hard

Frog-in-law1995

Way off base here.

Do a press conference. Have sonny, ADJD and KB there. Look all happy and excited. Tell the fans he’s the best option and future looks bright. Then KB talks and says I understand the apprehension from some fans and I will do my best to earn your respect and represent the school well. Done and done. Not hard

“HE DIDN’T EVEN APOLOGIZE!!!!!!!! HE SUPPORTS RAPE!!!!!!”

- Everyone who wanted a press conference.