• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Gary Patterson on moving forward from Kansas; how did Darius Anderson respond to fumble?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Gary Patterson on moving forward from Kansas; how did Darius Anderson respond to fumble?

By Dean Straka, Sports Digital Editor
Contact Dean Strakaon Twitter:mad:dwstraka49

Below are highlights from TCU's postgame presser following the Horned Frogs' 27-26 loss to Kansas on Saturday.

Head coach Gary Patterson
On TCU's ability to move forward from the loss to Kansas: "I said before the season we were young. I knew what the motto was. We have had injuries. I am not making excuses. You can write what you want. We are 3-5, might be 3-9 before it is done. But the bottom line is we are going to keep fighting, we are going to keep moving forward so we can get better for next year. One way or another unless they don't keep us. But the bottom line is you have to keep people healthy, you have to make plays and you have to grow up. If we do that then we will have a chance."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...loss-darius-anderson-respond-late-game-fumble

Pharm Frog

Gary: Who told them to fall on the ball? Were they also told to fair catch a pooch or a big bounce one-hopper? Were they also told to let the ball go through if they might not field it cleanly? If they had kicked deep would you have fair caught a ball no matter what and taken chances on a one-play Hail Mary or thought your chances were better on a return? But mainly....WHO told them all to fall on the ball? WHO is your special teams coach that told them this? And, WHY if they were so instructed would someone decide not to follow the clearly articulated instructions? And, WHO's decision was it to have a RS freshman in such a position if he couldn't be trusted to follow coaching?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
THIS! Your hands team puts an untested redshirt freshman closest to the ball??!!
It could be that another player was originally on the 'Hands' team, and was injured. The replacement was iffy on what to do in a big moment.

netty2424

Impossible. They were told. They were told. They were told. No room for iffy. Which is one reason why I doubt they were all told.
I walked out the door when DA fumbled as I was holding up trick or treating.

What happened? DD returned the kick and expired the clock?

ftwfrog

I’m so confused. “Fall on the ball”? That’s not a fair catch. There was one second left. One second still runs off the clock if you fall on the ball.

What am I missing?

Pharm Frog

And you know all this how? Fake news

Because Gary said so. Three times. On another look it appears he said it five times. So either they were told and chose to ignore it immediately after being told or they weren’t told. I was initially hoping it was the latter because that seems less of an issue. Now I’m hoping it was the former because I can’t imagine how a locker room would react to having a coach be so adamant they were told if they weren’t.

Obvious Troll

Fairweather TCU fans have forgotten what it's like to lose consistently.
Perfection is a great goal and a lousy expectation.
Man up. We're not going to win every game.

Now, if we lose to Baylor in a blowout, I might have a change of heart.

ftwfrog

Because Gary said so. Three times. On another look it appears he said it five times. So either they were told and chose to ignore it immediately after being told or they weren’t told. I was initially hoping it was the latter because that seems less of an issue. Now I’m hoping it was the former because I can’t imagine how a locker room would react to having a coach be so adamant they were told if they weren’t.
I saw Gary yell, “fall on it!” On the replay. That was to #1 Reagor.

However, “fall on it! Fall on it!” Isn’t the same as, “you need to field the ball with your knee on the ground”. Especially if you’re the up man.

Again, don’t butt fumble at the 5 and we’re not having this conversation.

TCUWIN

Gary mentioned this saying in a presser a few weeks ago:

"To whom much is given, from him much is expected."

Gary has been given a lot and paid at the top level. He needs to "grow up" and actually answer tough questions this week and moving forward. I want to hear about solutions to the problems with the coaching and team.
I agree. He tells us the problems. Crap, we are the problems every Saturday. This is not the first year of bad, sloppy offense and lack of focus. I was told a long time ago, don’t come to me with problems. Come to me with ideas that will fix these problems. How are you going to fix these problems that we all see! Grow them up is not a solution.