• The KillerFrogs

Dixon staying for rest of his career per Boschini

Waccy Frog

This is like you interviewing for a job and not getting it then your boss finds your resume on the printer. He would have left if they paid the buyout. Too late to act loyal now

Except we have no idea what actually happened. Just too bad the press went with rumor.

GP has been honest that he interviewed with Tennessee and Nebraska and wasn’t offered either job. Schloss flirted with Miss St. It’s just part of the profession.

netty2424

“There was never a negotiation regarding the buyout of Jamie's contract," Donati told the Star-Telegram. "From Day 1, he has always expressed his love and passion for TCU to me. I am very excited about the future of our men's basketball program."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...andidate-ucla-job-bruins-unwilling-pay-buyout
Didn’t read the whole article but if that quote is what you’re referencing, that’s not exactly the same as not contacting them.

ftwfrog

Is he staying because he wants to be here or because he had no choice because they could not figure out the buy out?

What is going to happen when the next big school has an opening? We had a down year, especially considering the expectations. What is it going to be like if we make it to the tournament and actually win a game or two?
What’s it going to be like when we make it to the tournament and actually win a game or two
Doesn’t matter

HFrog1999

Donati tweet:
"

1jhhp5.jpg

flyfishingfrog

Here’s what I don’t understand: ADJD said that TCU was never contacted by UCLA about the buy out.
why would UCLA have contacted TCU - they agreement is with Dixon. So either Dixon, or more likely his agent would have contacted ADJD. that way Dixon can also say he never discussed the buyout with TCU either.

This is the same game schools play with the "we never offered" when a coach says no - they don't make a formal offer until they have a yes and the informal offers go to agents, not to coaches so the school can say we never talked to Coach A or never offered him the position, etc.